DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics Omnibus thread

odessasteps

Read Nova: Nova Corps. This was on the short side, but a nice read. I'm liking the initial five recruits brought in by Worldmind, and the story with Worldmind himself kind of losing it has been pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes since it looks like it will be a part of War of Kings.

Up through issue 21 of DD thanks to Marvel Unlimited.  (Glad I didn't jump on them the day they went to $1.99 on Comixology like I almost did).  At this point I'll probably start catching up one issue a week, though that won't start til next Wed. due to a heavy buy on the 7th.  (Avengers, AvAI, Invincible Universe and Robo all at once.)

Superior Foes of Spider-Man #1 was the best thing I've read in a while. Minor league super villains, presented in an Elmore Leonard-type narrative. Great stuff. Can't wait to get the second issue today.

Have any other Marvel freaks out there seen this site putting the whole continuity in a reading order? This has got to be like the Mount Everest of comic-geek endeavors (I've got a Marvel Unlimited subscription and I'm about 1/3 into 1963 myself.)

One thing I don't like about Bendis is that he uses a lot of "body language" in his stories, and I'm absolutely terrible at interpreting it.  In Guardians of the Galaxy,  are we supposed to think that the sex between Gamora and Tony was mindblowing and now Tony is upset by Gamora's coldness, or was the sex supposed to be cold and mechanical and now Tony is upset about that?

I find it hard to believe TONY STARK would get upset over either. He's the 2nd biggest poon hound in comics. Slightly behind Matt Murdock. And I only put Murdock ahead because his sexin' seems to drive so many women to insanity or death.

So what it goes Matt Murdock, Tony Stark and Dick Grayson? Or we talking just Marvel? I mean Wolverine pretty much has slept with just about everyone

Seriously, Dick always ends up with someone. He even got raped by the female version of Tarantula!

James

Are we presuming Bruce never actually slept with: vicki vale, silver st cloud, etc? He certainly slept with Talia and Selina in continuity.

Also, Hal Jordan, also went through his share of girlfriends, in addition to Carol Ferris.