DVDVR Message Board

DC Comics omnibus thread

odessasteps

He'd only been working in comics for 16 years.  Too goddamn brief.  Everything he did was top-notch, though, from Batman:  Ego to New Frontier to the Parker adaptations, and everything in between.  

This whole year can kiss my ass.

BTW, last week Amazon and Comixology started a Cooke sale of his IDW and DC work. Each issue of New Frontier for 1.99, Superman Confidential for .99 each issue he and Sale did together, done various other stuff on the cheap. The timing ended up a bit morbid, but no better way to mourn him than to celebrate his work.

Also, reading his issue of Solo tonight wrecked me.

12 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

He'd only been working in comics for 16 years.  Too goddamn brief.  Everything he did was top-notch, though, from Batman:  Ego to New Frontier to the Parker adaptations, and everything in between.  

This whole year can kiss my ass.

Didn't he get his start doing storyboards or character designs, etc... for the Batman Beyond cartoon?

On Sunday, May 15, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Justin877 said:

Didn't.  he get his start doing storyboards or character designs, etc... for the Batman Beyond cartoon?

Yes, but he didn't start drawing comics with any sort of regularity until Batman Ego in 2000.

i really liked the infinite crisis logo they debuted in 2005. obviously the bullet logo was classic before i was born so that was ok too. the "peel" logo i never hated, but i didn't love either.

this new logo reminds me of something that could be put on a ring, like a Green Lantern ring. it would look good on a tshirt too, so i think they've found a good one. the font on the "D" looks familiar, does anyone know which title the font was used from?

• Like 1