DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

I know this will be the first go-around with next-gen consoles.  But I still expect them to overhaul as much as they can, or at least add to it to make it spectacular.  Then they can refine it for next year.  I've read rumors about things they have in store, but I'll hold off until they actually announce it.  One thing I read that is true is that everybody went in for scans, and it should in theory be easier to do animations and and texture changes.  I'm hoping there is a chance of just adding whoever is brought to the roster in little time instead of planned DLCs.  If true, even the NXT crew got scanned in.

At this point I can only guess with Sting in there they might do a WCW mode.

And here's the collector's edition, brutha:

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/us-hulkamania-collectors-edition

"Hulkamania" Runs Wild with WWE 2K15 Collector's Edition

Let us tell ya' something, BROTHERS (and sisters)! We're real jacked up to tell you all about the WWE 2K15 Collector's Edition, centered around one of the greatest of all time, dude. The WWE 2K15 "HULKAMANIA" Edition is dedicated to WWE Hall of Famer, "The Immortal" Hulk Hogan, and will be made exclusively for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Retailing for a suggested price of $99.99, the "HULKAMANIA" Edition will be available in limited quantities and will feature a number of exclusive collectibles, all of which are unique to this package. Here's what you'll find inside the "HULKAMANIA" Edition when it launches this October:

• A Copy of WWE 2K15: This is important.
  • Exclusive Premium Packaging: Proudly display and lord your "HULKAMANIA" Edition over friends and loved ones. Tear it open like it’s one of Hogan's signature t-shirts, immediately regret all decisions which led to that point.
  • Exclusive Collectible Art Card Personally Autographed by Hulk Hogan: The Hulkster himself signed thousands of these cards specifically for the "HULKAMANIA" Edition of WWE 2K15. We sent him the Sharpies and have the photos to prove it!
  • Exclusive Funko "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan Vinyl Figure: The good people of Funko made this figure especially for us. Just don't call it a doll, brother!
  • Exclusive Piece of Authentic Ring Canvas from Hulk Hogan's Monday Night Raw Appearance on March 10, 2014 in Memphis, Tenn. – Own a piece of the actual ring mat that Hulk Hogan laid his feet upon with a commemorative plaque. Display it, scratch and sniff it, whatever you want. It's yours!
  • Two Pre-Order, Launch Exclusive Characters: Hulk Hogan and "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan - Gain access to twice as much Hulk Hogan before anyone else!
  • Access to WWE 2K15 global pre-order offer, Sting Playable Characters Pack: Not only do you gain access to Hulk Hogan before everyone else, but you get to pit him against one of his all-time greatest rivals, Sting, before anyone else, too!

We'll have plenty more to share regarding WWE 2K15, and we look forward to showing you what's inside the “HULKAMANIA” Edition once we get our hands on it. If you're looking to pull the trigger on one, pre-order it today! When we say limited quantities we definitely mean it.

colled_08011414109274109752015.jpg

Any word if we can use Mp3 files, or cd chosen songs on the next generation(Xbox ONE & PlayStation 4) consoles?
In other words when I created a character on the 360 I could use songs from a cd instead of the generic crap they had on the game itself.

On a side note:
XBOX 360 and PS3 OWNERS will NOT get the MYCAREER MODE(create a character storyline) according to the first Press release. Only gamers who have next generation systems will have this option.

It was likely discussed elsewhere, but the "leaked roster" for one thing was discussed elsewhere.  Guys like Koloff and Stasiak are a bit peculiar.  I tried looking up the article, but can't find this.  It said that somebody from 2K said they know the announcing sucked and they're overhauling it.  And the gameplay will be improved upon.  That was about it.  I am sure they'll tweak the gameplay, but the announcing falls under the "I believe it when I see it" section for me.

With the 2K games, is it possible to eventually get everything without paying extra?  If I'm going with the collector's edition I'm not paying anymore than that.  If it's possible I'm in for the long haul so I'll work on it.

Well, since its 2k, there's likely also a smart phone companion app that lets you avoid the micro transactions in exchange for logging into it once a day and playing some kind of card minigame.

The MyCareer mode not being on the PS3 disappoints me greatly. I probably won't have a PS4 for another few years.

I saw on IGN the game supposedly has five times as many animations from the last game.

It was likely discussed elsewhere, but the "leaked roster" for one thing was discussed elsewhere.  Guys like Koloff and Stasiak are a bit peculiar.  I tried looking up the article, but can't find this.  It said that somebody from 2K said they know the announcing sucked and they're overhauling it.  And the gameplay will be improved upon.  That was about it.  I am sure they'll tweak the gameplay, but the announcing falls under the "I believe it when I see it" section for me.

Cole and Lawler finally recorded together and did about 35 hours of commentary according to the news releases. 2K has had some spectacular commentary and presentation in their games through the years, so that is something we won't need to worry about. They've also redone all the entrances and the lighting effects/camera work for said entrances is apparently based on the real deal. They had quite a few wrestlers in to do mocaps for their moves and entrances.

That pic looks fantastic and I'm hyped for the game. 

I am going to pass on 2k15 if the same game engine is used. I picked up 2k14 and was disappointed with how little the game had changed over the past few years.

Definitely the same engine. Visual Concepts is involved now but they're keeping Yukes around because they have tons of experience, even if it's not all good. Visual Concepts doesn't have experience with wrestling games and they wouldn't be able to build one from the ground up in a year.

Pretty sure the leaked roster was fake, Ivan Koloff and Stan Stasiak would maybe appear in a Legends of Wrestling game but not here.

Translated from a French article
Visual Concepts and Yuke's have fortunately not made changes to visual and audio aspects of the game pace and flow of the fighting was also reviewed in order to make them closer to what is possible to see in the WWE shows. As explained by the head of marketing at 2K, wrestling matches are not given duration and may well be very short very long. So the developers have made sure to introduce gameplay that makes unpredictable duration of the fighting. According to the editor, fatigue, offensive momentum or stamina will play all three roles in the outcome of a game.

Chris Snyder also told us that the system present in against WWE 2K15 has been completely revised. To provide a highly realistic gameplay, it explains a concept of "ring psychology" (ie how to behave during a wrestling match to make it the most exciting possible) has been integrated into the game

Also according to him, the fighting styles will be better differentiated than in the past and each wrestler will appear to be unique. He explained that the "giants," "brawlers," "grapplers," or "high flyers" will provide all sensations different game, which will give the game a diverse gameplay. According to him, the core game mechanics have been extensively modified and it will benefit WWE 2K15 but also for future titles in the series

I had to pre-order the Hogan Edition :(  It is actually a decent value which is unusual for such things, to have an autographed card, 'piece of mat' card, weird looking figure, and two DLC downloads for $40.  I get the game every other year anyway.  Next year they will probably have a Sting Edition and make me get it then too.

Is there any WWE game from the past few years where my buddy and I can play as a tag team through some kind of storyline or campaign? Preferably if we can do it with CAWs, but anything will do.

As far as I can tell, the only one was Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, which had a Tag Team Road To WrestleMania story with Batista and Rey Mysterio.  Those are the only two characters you can use in it, but it allows you to switch which player controls which wrestler after each match.