DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2k15

RonL21

Heya  VileOne ,
Where'd ya get a chance to play the BETA of 2K15 at anyways? Heck I'd love to be on that list and be able to feed opinions into the machine that creates this game. How lucky you are.

It is freaking me out a wee bit though, in other years we did have a Ha-huge IGN blowout of WWE gaming info. Sure this year is 2k's first full effort for the game so I'd expect a few hiccups in some things but I'd much rather them NOT say they're gonna release NEW FOOTAGE etc. than not deliver it at all.

...And I'm much rather they DELAY the game by a few months or whatever as long as they've got the gameplay/rosters/modes and all done correctly. You folks feel the same?

• Like 1

Preish VileOne, I wonder how many true die-hard wrestling fans who are also die hard WRESTLING GAME fans like myself and others here etc. are testers? You could only make stuffing instead of potatoes better by employing those means but alas... 

For what it is worth, the programmer who was on some of the development videos made references to puro, so I'd say at least one.  The problem is that they are going to put this out by Christmas no matter what, whether it is ready or not.

• Like 1

Today we're announcing a new next-generation console release date for WWE 2K15 of November 18, 2014 in North America and November 21, 2014 internationally for both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. However, the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 date remains unchanged and will remain October 28, 2014 in North America and October 31, 2014 internationally.

This delay is in the interest of delivering the best possible WWE experience to you, the fans, and 2K's development teams are working hard to ensure its success.

“Visual Concepts and Yuke’s are committed to delivering the most authentic and action-packed WWE experience to date, including release for the very first time on next-generation consoles,” said Greg Thomas, President, Visual Concepts. “The additional development time enables our talented teams to ensure the WWE 2K15 next-gen experience fully meets our expectations.”

We thank you for your continued patience and hope you'll join us on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One when WWE 2K15 launches this November!

http://wwe.2k.com/index.php/news/single/us-new-release-date-for-wwe-2k15-on-next-generation-consoles

Played the demo this week, and so far I'm very concerned.  Graphics, animation and character models are all top notch for this one.  However, the gameplay was incredibly slow.  Whenever a big move pulls off it appears the game moves in incredibly slow motion.  I hope this is a glitch that gets fixed.  But shouldn't the game be more polished by now?  I mean it comes out next month.  I really hope they are ready for release.  

It seems that whenever a big grappling move goes off, it looks like a slow motion replay instead of moving at normal speed.  

Was it a proper release demo or simply a beta build? It sounds like the latter.

Great release date, guys. Same day as GTA V and Farcry 4. Fuck.

...and Dragon Age Inquisition.  With that said, it is the only wrestling game available, and everyone who wants to play a wrestling game on their new system is going to buy it.  The thing I'm worried about is that IGN made them their game of the month a couple of months back and all we got were a couple of pretty pictures and a couple matches where people don't even try to play like they've actually seen a wrestling match. 

Played the demo this week, and so far I'm very concerned.  Graphics, animation and character models are all top notch for this one.  However, the gameplay was incredibly slow.  Whenever a big move pulls off it appears the game moves in incredibly slow motion.  I hope this is a glitch that gets fixed.  But shouldn't the game be more polished by now?  I mean it comes out next month.  I really hope they are ready for release.  

It seems that whenever a big grappling move goes off, it looks like a slow motion replay instead of moving at normal speed.  

Was it a proper release demo or simply a beta build? It sounds like the latter.

Based on what I was told, I assume it was a beta build.  But not surprised by the delay.  They are definitely trying to desperately get this out in time for the holidays.

I'd rather they push it back a little if it means the game ends up being better.  I'm still pretty hopeful it's going to be a great game, but they could at least announce some more details.  Not sure why they're holding out on that.  Shit, tons of games have the details out a couple months before release, including the past WWE games.