DVDVR Message Board

AUGUST WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I would say that the issue was less conditioning and more of an overall look. Anybody that has ever known me or been in the ring with me knows that I can wrestle all day and all night long. I don't get tired, that's not the issue. It's more of a cosmetic issue and my body type is different. I have different ways of working out and my eating habits are at the time. Anybody that has followed my career has seen a lot of fluctuation. I have gone from no muscle tone whatsoever to plumping up to three hundred pounds to cutting that off and becoming more toned and then cutting as much body fat as possible, so I have had my fluctuations and I've switched things around so I think that was more of a cosmetic look and my coaches or the powers-that-be were all very supportive.

Source: Chris Hero in an issue of Suck It, Rovert Weekly

• Like 4

I like the guy actually, I kid with love - well.. except for that quote. That's his words, which I think is an honest assessment of his body. Honestly, I like him better the way he is now. I think the added belly chub makes him look more interesting.

Maybe that's why he gained the weight. Summerslam debut

"WHO? IS THAT? OHNO WYATT!!!"

"Oh no? where are they, what are they up to now, Maggle?"

"Oh. Oh no, Ohno is his name."

"Pull yerself together Maggle."

• Like 1

And he could have well been the fourth Wyatt. The sophisticated hipster Wyatt. The Tully Blanchard of the Wyatt family.

For some reason I started hearing this post as a Mojo Nixon song called "Hero is Everywhere."

Hero is in your jeans.

He's in your cheesburgers

Hero is in Nutty Buddies!

Hero is in your mom!

He's in everybody.

He's in the young, the old,

the fat, the skinny,

the white, the black

the brown and the blue

people got Hero in 'em too

Aahh! The Sailing Hero!

Captain Hero!

Commodore Hero it is.

Soon all will become Hero.

Everything everywhere will be Hero.

Why do you think they call it evolution anyway?

It's really Herolution!

Herolution!

• Like 1

As a guy who has the same problem as Hero (good cardio, can go/train for hours, terrible definition) I understand where the guy's coming from. I just think he's like watching paint dry. I guess I'm the only one who doesn't get his appeal. A guy who calls himself "that young knockout kid" should look like he can knock a guy out, and not like he's gonna fix that guy's laptop...

• Like 1

Tall dudes can carry flab better.   

That's why Patton Oswalt = fat

Briah Posehn = big and goofy

The flab has like, more room to taper gently toward the knees without bunching up.

Guys, we learned this in the fashion talk a few weeks ago.  It's all about drape.

• Like 1

The WWE could fill a little time on a RAW by having superstars take part in the ALS Ice Bucket challenge, donate to ALS research and challenge others to do it

But they might end one of the challenges with a sneak attack and that might be considered a sleazy angle

So wait wait wait.  There are people that are saying the WWE was dumb to build around the hottest act they've had in literally years?  GTFO with that.

Yeah, its not like the WWE has ever booked around their hottest act before.

bruno-sammartino-wwe.png

Bob-Backlund.jpg

Hulk-Hogan.jpg

8236099_orig.jpg?203

The-Rock-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-3369457

And where is Bryan now?

So wait wait wait.  There are people that are saying the WWE was dumb to build around the hottest act they've had in literally years?  GTFO with that.

Yeah, its not like the WWE has ever booked around their hottest act before.

bruno-sammartino-wwe.png

Bob-Backlund.jpg

Hulk-Hogan.jpg

8236099_orig.jpg?203

The-Rock-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-3369457

And where is Bryan now?

Currently on the shelf.

But its not like Austin's neck was made of adimantium either.