DVDVR Message Board

TMZ report that TNA Wrestling is cancelled.

Piranesi sez "Can we agree that most of what a fifty year-old man attempts to do is sad."

To which I can only respond, "Please go fuck yourself with a chainsaw!" ;-)

Piranesi sez "Can we agree that most of what a fifty year-old man attempts to do is sad."

To which I can only respond, "Please go fuck yourself with a chainsaw!" ;-)

Apparent near-future headline:

"Sad old man attempts self chainsaw buggery, throws out back."

• Like 1

The more I think about this whole deal, the more I've come to believe that it's all just a big SWERVE to get us to follow the adventures of Vinnie Ru and Dixie as they tour Mexico with Dixie doing a pony show...

"We went to Tijuana, Mexico, you know? And we thought it would be fun, you know, to go to a show. Everybody says you gotta check out one of these shows. And... it's a woman fuckin' a horse. We get there and we think it's gonna be awesome and... it is not as cool as it sounds like it's gonna be, man. It's kinda gross."

The saddest part is the non-clown off to the right looking on and thinking: "Damn my low SATs and the high standards of the Northeastern Clown College Admissions Department.  I must seek fraternity elsewhere lest I die without adequate bearers for my pall."  {shuffle shuffle}

note: This should be spoken in the voice of William Sanderson.

• Like 2

The more I think about this whole deal, the more I've come to believe that it's all just a big SWERVE to get us to follow the adventures of Vinnie Ru and Dixie as they tour Mexico with Dixie doing a pony show...

I'm now losing my shit at DEAN doing The Adventures of Russo and Dixie in the same style he did The Secret Adventures of Al Wilson.  And I'm dissappointed that it is never gonna happen.

Never say never. Actually, DEAN and I collaborating on something would likely be a blast, I'm just not certain that we could do justice to the subject without getting the site shut down. Poor Rippa would probably get the blame.

The saddest part is the non-clown off to the right looking on and thinking: "Damn my low SATs and the high standards of the Northeastern Clown College Admissions Department. I must seek fraternity elsewhere lest I die without adequate bearers for my pall." {shuffle shuffle}

Even if the guy didn't have enough family or friends to act as pallbearers, the funeral home staff will stand in as pallbearers.

The saddest part is the non-clown off to the right looking on and thinking: "Damn my low SATs and the high standards of the Northeastern Clown College Admissions Department. I must seek fraternity elsewhere lest I die without adequate bearers for my pall." {shuffle shuffle}

Even if the guy didn't have enough family or friends to act as pallbearers, the funeral home staff will stand in as pallbearers.

[sanderson]Your logic, while rooted like the biblical cedar in Libanus in truth, nevertheless produces fruit that tastes to me as rotten as Sodom's apples as I cast forth my mind's gaze toward the indignity of a final carriage borne by laborer's neither mournful nor likely sober.[/sanderson]

• Like 4

Russo's already started his list of excuses, from his VIP site:

Gaburick hired Russo as a creative consultant on October 24, 2013. All he was paid to do was critique the show after Dave Lagana and Matt Conway wrote it.

• Later, Gaburick asked Russo to consult with Lagana and Conway while they wrote the scripts.

• Later still, Gaburick asked Russo to attend the creative meetings that came before the actual scripts were written.

"With all that going smoothly, I was then asked to produce the announcers about 1 month ago. When John Gaburick made the public statement that I was hired as a consultant to produce the announcers once I accidentally leaked an e-mail pertaining to my involvement in that area, that was NOT the truth. I had been hired as a creative consultant, by John Gaburick eight months prior."

"Since the story broke last Sunday night courtesy of TMZ, that SPIKE TV would not be “renewing” their deal with TNA WRESTLING, I literally took an ice pick, stuck it in my right ear, jammed it all the way through to my left ear, in an effort to clear ALL WAX so I could make absolutely sure I was hearing the spin of the “majority” of the dirt sheets correctly."

He then says Spike and TNA are simply negotiating for a better deal, and wonders how that story turned into "Vince Russo killed TNA".

"Whether a new deal between SPIKE and TNA is inked, or not, is of course yet to be determined, however, as you read all the reports going forward, I can only suggest to “The Brand”, that you don’t get caught up in the sensationalism that’s going to continue to be spewed. Look at the facts, from “reliable” news sources, and make a logical and educated decision using your own intellect and mind."