DVDVR Message Board

Stuff. Not good. Not bad. Just...stuff.

Cristobal

Pursuant to our earlier conversation, half-famous people get this way, too.

Ragusea's content has always left me a little dry, because I find his delivery to be smug even when he claims he isn't being smug.  But I wouldn't mind having his bank account about now.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:04 AM, Curt McGirt said:

Been sober, but the dreams are ridiculous. Last night I was actually solving a math problem of how to buy such and such an amount of vodka at the store while my dad was looking for me. You can probably guess how my subconscious is doing. 

I don't know how long you've been sober but I'm still having weird dreams and I'm at about 2.5 years. Woke up mad at a friend for smoking all of my stash. A doctor prescribed me a medication that was supposed to help but it had a dangerous side effect so that's gone. 

This past weekend has tried me. I'm falling into the trap of killing myself at work and not sleeping well. Caught myself in the beer aisle at Walmart last night debating the harm of a six pack, just to put myself out. I just know it wouldn't end there though, especially since I'm reasonably certain there's two or three dealers within a few doors of me right now. 

• Like 2

I told my counselor from the group sessions and she made me watch some videos about it. What can you do, it's your subconscious, there's no cure for that. It doesn't bother me that much I guess, after they're over, the initial shock wears off if there is any. She gave me some sheets for the week to write about my day and what I was thinking prior to sleep, if I had any dreams after, etc. Pretty simple stuff. I had one or two but they've mostly been buried; maybe my brain was paying attention and blurred up the camera eye for me this time. Last night I dreamed about murdering two guys and my dad having to dispose of the bodies for absolutely no reason, THOSE I sure as hell didn't write down...

EDIT: End of the month I'll be two months. I'm looking forward to getting 90 days, out of this program, and hopefully a new job soon. That's as far a view as I'm looking right now.

EDIT II: The dream didn't even involve me killing the guys, it was just all of the sudden they were dead? Very strange. Anyway look into some melatonin, it'll help you get to sleep, no groggy feeling after like with a PM pill. 

Strange coincidence: When I drank? Almost never any dreams. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 6

Went swimming yesterday for the first time in a while. Went well considering that. Ached during, ached after, aching today. Was going to have a quiet one today but Laura asked if we'd go bowling. Always fancied it but never have even though one is 15 minutes away from where I live. Laura got a strike with her very first ball and I did later. Had a good time and laughs along the way. Will see about Pilates tomorrow when I wake up.

• Like 7

I saw Dr Chadwick this week to get my Trazodone cut down as I felt better on the 50mg. Dr. Chadwick brought up there's a mental health nurse down there and I said I'd think about it. Get a text today to find I've been booked with this mental health nurse even though I didn't say yes. I've only seen Dr Chadwick sooner because I wanted my Trazodone dosage change, next week is a trigger with my Birthday/Mother's Day and I couldn't get in with Dr Eldridge for that week, it's the week after. I now have a medicine review next week with a doctor I don't like. Way to make things worse. Feels like I'm been shipped around.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

On 2/28/2024 at 3:22 PM, The Natural said:

Went swimming yesterday for the first time in a while. Went well considering that. Ached during, ached after, aching today. Was going to have a quiet one today but Laura asked if we'd go bowling. Always fancied it but never have even though one is 15 minutes away from where I live. Laura got a strike with her very first ball and I did later. Had a good time and laughs along the way. Will see about Pilates tomorrow when I wake up.

I did Pilates. Enjoyed that.

On 2/28/2024 at 4:08 PM, The Natural said:

I saw Dr Chadwick this week to get my Trazodone cut down as I felt better on the 50mg. Dr. Chadwick brought up there's a mental health nurse down there and I said I'd think about it. Get a text today to find I've been booked with this mental health nurse even though I didn't say yes. I've only seen Dr Chadwick sooner because I wanted my Trazodone dosage change, next week is a trigger with my Birthday/Mother's Day and I couldn't get in with Dr Eldridge for that week, it's the week after. I now have a medicine review next week with a doctor I don't like. Way to make things worse. Feels like I'm been shipped around.

Cancelled my appointment with Dr Chadwick and the doctor I don't like for next week. Not happy with Dr Chadwick for that or the mental health nurse either when I said I'll think about it. Will wait to get put on the Trazodone 50mg with Dr Eldridge. Shame it's a fortnight away.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

Haven't posted in a bit, took a bit of a social media and online break after I hurt my ankle back at the start of the year and was feeling depressed, especially after I was laid up on the couch wearing a walking boot. Good news is that I got the boot off last week and I'm doing well! 

• Like 9

Had my heaviest fall when out today in a while. When I do I jar myself but thankfully don't bang the back of my head/break something. Ironic timing as I have a friend with Cerebral Palsy and he fell three days earlier.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Natural said:

Had my heaviest fall when out today in a while. When I do I jar myself but thankfully don't bang the back of my head/break something. Ironic timing as I have a friend with Cerebral Palsy and he fell three days earlier.

Love you dude

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2024 at 11:42 AM, The Natural said:

Glad that wasn't any worse than it was. 

• Like 2

I deleted my twitter a while ago and it honestly did me some mental health favours. Doomscrolling was always real but that site has gone in the shitter so hard post-Elon that it might as well be Truth Social 2.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I deleted my twitter a while ago and it honestly did me some mental health favours. Doomscrolling was always real but that site has gone in the shitter so hard post-Elon that it might as well be Truth Social 2.

I deleted mine long ago when I was having some mental issues. I don't have any social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) at all anymore (well, aside from hanging out here) and I don't miss it in the least. 

• Like 5

I still have a twitter account because there are like 3 people on there I want to keep up with.  But I refuse to use the desktop version since they nuked tweetdeck and my not-updated-in-two-years phone app won't do much anymore so that's pretty much winding down.

I do like Bluesky, which is annoying but in different ways from twitter.

• Haha 1

I stopped using Twitter though haven't fully deleted it due to the rare time I'm curious what Mustafa Ali has to say.  I have Bluesky when it was through invite codes but don't use it since I just don't do social media anymore.  Only things I use are here and Discord and that's more than enough for me.  I don't think it's due to being older but just being wiser about the shit that's done online and me wanting no part of many things.

Personally, I enjoy the Twitter experience more since Musk bought it.  Not much really changed in my small corner of the Twitter-verse except the algorithm finally started pushing content I am actually interested in my way.  I feel like there’s a more even balance of conservative and liberal opinions, which  is probably why some people are upset.  Mostly, I just ignore the culture wars blather.  Don’t have any real interest in engaging with Trumpers or progressives.

I'm on FB and Insta. Starting an Instagram account was influenced by a friend who I no longer speak to and actually had to block so I don't see him anymore, heh. Seems that a lot of people migrated over there for some reason, probably too many old people and ex-friends on FB, but I still prefer FB because I like to post music and write about it, it's easier to post links, and frankly I still haven't figured out IG all the way/it's a pain to use. Helps to keep up with friends though and some aren't available anywhere else; more than a few totally wiped social media and I just have a phone number for one or two, if that. 

As far as complaining about these entities I just don't understand a lot of the complaints. Curate what you see. You don't HAVE to follow different sites or people; cut 'em the fuck out and make the algorithm work for you. And for gods sake get off of Twitter. 

• Like 1

I'm on Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok. I'm most active on Twitter, with my nerdy fandoms like wrestling and horror movies. I only signed up for TikTok because my wife would constantly text me links to videos she thought I'd like, and I opened one at work and it was a guy screaming "FUCK" - which if my boss was within ear shot, he would not have been impressed with.  I've toyed with the idea of doing Insta, but I doubt I actually will. My work buds told me to do SnapChat and that shit literally lasted less than a day.

Something that surprised me about Instagram is that as soon as I showed up, a torrent of people added me. Because of the Meta connection to FB I just showed up in their feed and people I don't even talk to from the other list were requesting me. I would say the amount of posting is about as 50/50 as Facebook too; some people have a story with ten screens and live video of them talking to the camera that gets added to every day, and some never post anything at all except for the random like of a pic. I just don't like being in contact with someone who ends up taking a break, won't tell you, and then it's been like six months and you're hoping they're okay. 

My debit card got compromised and got some unauthorized charges, which is actually the less annoying part of the story.

The annoying part is that their new debit card design is printed upside-down from every other card on the planet: the mag stripe is on the bottom and the chip is on the right.  I had no idea how much muscle memory goes into pulling out and swiping my debit card until I was doing it backwards every time.

• Sad 2

I have and use Facebook. I almost never post outside of groups or in reply to the posts of other people. I get a ton of entertainment from groups. 

I have and never use Instagram. I created an account as part of a giveaway promotion. I don't really understand the appeal and find it incredibly annoying to use. 

I have and never use Twitter. I think the concept is stupid and it's annoying to use. 

• Haha 1