DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: ANTONIO INOKI

RIPPA

God - I never thought I would be doing Inoki as my Wednesday guy but due to reasons here we are.

I will need to focus my rage later but it is telling when my favorite thing about Inoki is the story of how the Angels wouldn't let Inoki slap Hideki Matsui

1270002724.jpg

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I really don't get all the Inoki hate. Yes, the guy is a delusional douchenozzle, but that description can be applied to dozens of people in the biz. His shameless self-promotion gets a bit tiresome, but other than that, there's a hell of a body of good to great matches that he participated in. No, I don't have a "Best of Inoki" dvd and don't really require one, but he's in enough good matches on other comps that I have that I can't really hate on the guy.

• Like 1

Yes, the guy is a delusional douchenozzle,

I found it difficult to read the part of your post where you tried to build up Inoki in a postive manner after referring to the guy as a douchenozzle.  Just sayin is all. :lol:

• Like 1

I jumped on this thread expecting to see THAT Inoki bump.  So I'm not surprised it's Pete that delivered the goods.  That move made me freak out more than the first time I saw the Ganso Bomb.

Likes to kick it in North Korea despite the rebukes of the Japanese Diet, bought an island from Castro for buried treasure, ruined his own company by trying to go shoot-style, friends with Tiger Jeet Singh (uh oh Rippa, I think I found tomorrow's candidate), horrible no-seller of wrestling moves, changed his name and supposedly religion to curry favor with Arab oil sheiks, won his own retirement match. 

But damn, he does have a lot of good matches out there.

If Inoki's back wasn't all fucked up, I could see him trying to do a match now with someone in NJPW and trying to convince them to let him go over.

He also did what Jesus never could.

ibcCLjQQBnAhok.gif

So, there you go, Inoki > Jesus