DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2014: JULY

Dolfan in NYC

But I'm older than you. Irony! It's the Guardians of the NL Central Cellar vs. Hank's Flea Infested Failures this weekend. Who shall come out of the weekend supreme?~!

So..."SHhift Trax!!!" is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Hey, MLB Network?  If you want me to see how the fielders are aligned...PUT A CAMERA ON THEM!!  You know you're at the game right?  With cameras and shit, right????

But we can't leave the pitcher's or batter's face now from pitch 1 to the end...not even for a few seconds...so let's put up a Commodore 64-era graphic depiction of the rest of the field and take up even more of the screen...because you're never going to get to see it the field.

fucking absurd.  Insane...it is insane, right?  I'm not the crazy one, here right?  T.V. baseball director guys have all lost their minds, right?

On the contrary. I love it. With as much shifting as goes on now, you can't expect the cameras to be constantly moved towards the six fielders that generally partake in shifts. And besides - some of the shifts are more subtle ones that you wouldn't even notice by looking at the fielder without context

I have been avoiding posting that all day because I just couldn't process it

The worst thing ever for a parent

I am absolute heart sick for him and his family

The A's still have the best record and run differential in baseball. But number two might shock you - the Angels. They're playing some damn good baseball lately.

Also, the Rangers have the worst record in baseball. A million points for you if you bet the under on them this season.

BTW Rippa for all the Yanks pitching woes it could be worse. The Rangers added Ryan Feierabend to the roster. He hasn't pitched in the bigs since 08 and has a 4.54 era in AAA this year

Yeah - the Yanks are staying afloat thanks to young pitchers unexpectedly pitching well.

Namely Chase Whitley and Shane Greene. I think folks expected Dellin Betances to be good just maybe not this good out of the pen.

Bumgarner has more homers this year than Dan Uggla. Wild.

The Rangers topped out at 15-9 this year near the end of April. They're 23-48 since, good for a .324 winning percentage. Also, since beating the A's 14-8 on June 16th and getting to .500, they're 3-22. That takes...well, that takes some serious skill

I gotta be honest - I thought that ad sucked.  Who the hell appears in their own tribute thing like that?  Ugh.  

Disclaimer: I've never bought into the sell job of Derek Jeter as Mr. Classy.  When he's not faking getting hit by pitches, he's doing behind-the-scenes maneuvering to keep from changing positions (to the detriment of his own team), or he's falling down in his duties as captain (by not looking out for teammates, like A-Rod when he first arrived) and so on. 

• Like 3

Holy hell. That one ball by Bautista just purified itself in the waters of Lake Minnetonka.

EDIT: The killjoys on Twitter have pointed out that Lake Minnetonka is the opposite direction. Sign O The Times, indeed.