DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: THE GLADIATOR (Mike Awesome)

RIPPA

Couple of housekeeping things first

1) Chris's Great FMW Match List

2) Previous FMW related WOTD:

MR. GANNOSUKE

HEADHUNTERS

I could have sworn I did Mammoth Sasaki but I can't find the thread if I did.

Anyhoo....I will let you all pick from the Gladiator/Tanaka feud. I will post this match against Oya since I don't think I am going to squeeze Oya in this week.

http://youtu.be/ZXhQxyK3uJo

Don't see it on the Youtubes anywhere, but their White Plains match where Awesome won the title back a week after dropping it in Nashville was tremendous live. An all-out sprint. Ray and I were in the back row of the building (I'd bought the tickets that morning and I'm pretty sure we literally bought the last two available seats as the joint was packed to the rafters) and it was a blast.

Don't see it on the Youtubes anywhere, but their White Plains match where Awesome won the title back a week after dropping it in Nashville was tremendous live. An all-out sprint. Ray and I were in the back row of the building (I'd bought the tickets that morning and I'm pretty sure we literally bought the last two available seats as the joint was packed to the rafters) and it was a blast.

Here you go.

• Like 1

Awesome had a really fun spotfest against Big Titan (Nise Razor Ramon) in July '94.  I used to have a handheld tape of that show, and I recall Titan busting out a Backdrop Driver and a top-rope Frankensteiner.

God damn, I miss my wrestling tapes...

Here you go.

Ah! I actually saw that but figured it was the Nashville match since it aired on 12/31/99. Thanks.

EDIT: NM, I got my dates mixed up. The White Plains taping was 12/23/99.

Because of this thread I FINALLY watched the One Night Stand match with the JBL drunken commentary. His trolling is so incredibly racist and typical of the character -- "That's my doorman!" Which of course is probably exactly how the real JBL thinks and acts. He was also perfectly critical of the match. 

When Masato got powerbombed through the very corner of the table I yelled "FUCK!!!"

I had to keep watching. When Tommy Dreamer comes out JBL says "That's the main event!" TROLL MASTER.

Oh god. On Sandman: "Somebody send the truck driver some oxygen!"

"This could be awful."

"Are we out of beer? I gotta B double E double R U N I gotta be drunk for this one."

"Who were those other fat guys out there?"

"Somebody run Mike Awesome in and do one of his 93 finishes."

"If they make the black guy go get the table I'm gonna be hot."

"Here comes the most boring man in the history of boring! Lance Storm couldn't fill an arena if you gave away free beer with free tickets."

"Kurt, who's the ho?"

"When does FedEx come in here for their drivers?"