DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

So I've been thinking about bryan/h more and the All Japan comparison isn't an idle one. It goes beyond the tiger suplex and bryan collapsin to his knees in pedigree/tiger driver position towards the end. Triple H burned through his moveset quicker and had nothing left in his armoury, while bryan still had the knee up his sleeve. Even with all the shoulder damage, h's crossface reversed into the yes lock brought them back to level, because the yes lock outranks as a move, and the match told the story that bryan is the undeniable ace, that his offence just does more damage even when it appears to be assymetric in the flow of the match. It's a similar match to rock/austin in that every part of that match told the story of rock's superiority and the need for austin to turn, kayfabe wise.

HHH vs Bryan was so fantastic. The pre-match DBryan video package. The awesome HHH entrance. The movez, Steph, the ending. It's right there with the Shield vs Wyatt 6-man for me as MOTY.

Even cooler is how this booking is hopefully leading to Brock vs DByan.

No fucking way Hogans Silverdome fuck ups were scripted. What an old putz.

Yeah, I wanted to say something earlier, when I saw it mentioned pages ago ... where'd this notion that the "Silverdome" botch was scripted come from?

HHH vs Bryan was so fantastic. The pre-match DBryan video package. The awesome HHH entrance. The movez, Steph, the ending. It's right there with the Shield vs Wyatt 6-man for me as MOTY.

Yeah, I wanted to say something earlier, when I saw it mentioned pages ago ... where'd this notion that the "Silverdome" botch was scripted come from?

Hogan is like Ron Burgandy and will read anything off a TelePrompTer.  Vince Russo snuck in the building and replaced all mentions of SuperDome with SilverDome.  Revenge!!!!!!!

Brock beating Undertaker is the biggest in-ring event in professional wrestling that I can ever remember. I think it's bigger than Montreal or Hogan joining the nWo, although I was too young then to really grasp how those things were perceived on a mainstream scale. 

If you look on Google News, there are newspapers from all over the country covering this. National sites like USA Today, Newsday, Fox Sports, ABC, etc.

Hell, the conservative talk radio station I listen to sometimes mentioned it today on their morning drive show.

I need more likes.....STAT!

I was cringing while reading some of the comments at the bottom of the Yahoo article on the streak.  People like this actually exist.  People want to kill Brock Lesnar and Vince McMahon.  So weird.  

Sadly it's still real to them dammit!

Its been on their merch for a while now and I've been surprised nobody has called them on the Albatros yet.

We are talking about the company where the COO used Nazi imagery most of his career right?

He's not actually COO. He's a vice president of blah blah blah.

Just me.  I have no proof, but Hogan didn't have an earpiece, and I just think if someone screws something up for real, they would try to sweep it under the carpet rather than turn the entire segment into absolutely everyone riffing on that screw-up.  Also Austin's laughter looked pretty fake when Rock delivered his Superdome line.

Bray/Cena was totally Emperor Palpatine trying to get Luke to give in to the hate and go to the Dark Side.

I saw much more of a Joker/Batman dynamic... 'You're gonna have to break your own rule'/'I want you to do it' type of thing.  Worked for me except for Cena's cheddar acting.

Hogan didn't have an earpiece and likely didn't realize he misspoke until the crowd chanted Superdome at him.  Austin's fake laugh probably came from Rocky trying to steal his joke.

Is this even up for debate? The dude misspoke and then corrected himself and everyone joked about it for a few minutes.

You know, like people do all the time because people?