DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

Giving VOD another try.  Just fired up WCW Uncensored 95.  Is there a less likely sentence to be uttered in a current WWE broadcast than "Live from Tupelo Mississippi!"?

We're about to go live from Tupelo, Mississippi with coverage of the Jerry Lawler Funeral Train, and JBL, the sheriff has made it clear the Wyatt family will not be allowed within five hundred feet of the station...

I am just want to go on the record that all you fuckers immediately watching Capital Combat are going to get banned when the WWE looks at the numbers and goes all "HOLY SHIT!!! LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE ROBOCOP!!!!" and re-run that angle

Are they going to do it with Daniel Bryan at Mania?

Savage, Valentine, Bravo, and Quake vs. Duggan, Garvin, Hercules, and Bret might be the most random Survivor Series team outside of that "Wild Card" gimmick year ever assembled.

EDIT: Monsoon:"Usually The Hammer isn't ready until the match is 10 minutes old."

Damn the current commentators need to be watching all this old Network stuff to learn from the masters.

• Like 1

Survivor Series 89 and all these random teams...

Can the WWE go back to a whole PPV of Elimination Tag matches?

One thing I hope an effect the network has is now that they don't really have to be worried as much about buyrates is allow them to experiment a little with PPVs. Do a Survivor Series with all Elimination Matches, do a Battlebowl, bring back KOTR, etc.

Or Clash of the Champions?!

There's gotta be more of this Garvin/Valentine fued somewhere.  Jesus fuck did those two lay into each other in this SS match.

I know they had a few televised matches but then they had Garvin lose his job and end up being a ref that screwed with Valentine. I always dug that feud and thought it should have had more attention.

Garvin/Valentine blowoff is at the Rumble with a Submission match.

Survivor Series is after Garvin was reinstated.  Summerslam has Garvin as the ring announcer of the Valentine/Hercules match.

The announce job by Gorilla and Jesse at Survivor Series 89 is my favorite of all time.  They are absolute gold for the Hulkamaniacs/Million $ Team and Warriors/Heenan Family matches.

• Like 1

There's gotta be more of this Garvin/Valentine fued somewhere.  Jesus fuck did those two lay into each other in this SS match.

They had a match on MSG Classics that brought me in from the kitchen because you could hear them pounding away on each other halfway across the house. It was glorious.

I've never seen a War Games ppv before so I picked War Games '98.  The opening match was Jericho vs Eddie for the cruiser weight title and I've already gotten my money's worth from the network.  Holy shit was that great.  I can't wait to see how the actual War Games match works.

Go back and watch War Games 91 and 92.  92 is the best ever done.  91 has one of the best "Oh Shit!" moments in the 90's.

I think 98 was the one with the Three Way rules with all the nWo fuckery, which doesn't run as good as the old ones did.

Might it be possible to get a "best of the undercard" thread going? So new to WCW/ECW people can know which matches/wrestlers to seek out?

I ask because it's been 14 years and I seem to have forgotten all the lucha/japanese people who showed up in WCW.  Also, weirdly nothing comes up under the PS3 search for Liger (Jushin Thunder Liger is the autofill suggestion, and I KNOW he was on a couple PPVs)

• Like 1

Yeah, I'll second that.

Shit, I just remembered, after I finish up Survivor Series 89, I need to go and watch Starrcade 95.  I think that's the one with the World Cup of WCW vs NJPW.  

Alright I watched long enough to see the Steiner brothers vs. Harlem Heat and that was a really fun match.  I think I'm going to take Raziel's suggestion and stop 98 and head to 91 and 92.  

And of course on the ps3 version it stops at 93.  Maybe they have it on the computer version...

Might it be possible to get a "best of the undercard" thread going? So new to WCW/ECW people can know which matches/wrestlers to seek out?

I ask because it's been 14 years and I seem to have forgotten all the lucha/japanese people who showed up in WCW.  Also, weirdly nothing comes up under the PS3 search for Liger (Jushin Thunder Liger is the autofill suggestion, and I KNOW he was on a couple PPVs)

When I type Liger into the search on PC I get Superbrawl 2, Starrcade 95 & Starrcade 96. I also know he's on Great American Bash 92, in the tag title tournament partnered with Brian PIllman because I watched it earlier. So yeah, that's weird.

Alright I watched long enough to see the Steiner brothers vs. Harlem Heat and that was a really fun match.  I think I'm going to take Raziel's suggestion and stop 98 and head to 91 and 92.  

And of course on the ps3 version it stops at 93.  Maybe they have it on the computer version...

91 and 92 are on WrestleWar those years.  93 is when they moved it to Fall Brawl.

Try to get to "search by year" for WCW in 91 and 92, its there.  the PS3 search isn't that great yet.

91 and 92 are on WrestleWar those years.  93 is when they moved it to Fall Brawl.

Found it, thank you.

Alright I watched long enough to see the Steiner brothers vs. Harlem Heat and that was a really fun match. 

If you like tag teams recklessly throwing bombs at one another and damn match structure, '95-'97 WCW is for you. At one point, the Road Warriors, Steiners, Harlem Heat, and Public Enemy are all on the roster and being reasonably pushed. Basically every tag match is just spot after spot of dudes throwing each other around without a care.

Unfortunately, most of this stuff is on Nitro and not PPV, but maybe you can find it through the search engine. 

I am just want to go on the record that all you fuckers immediately watching Capital Combat are going to get banned when the WWE looks at the numbers and goes all "HOLY SHIT!!! LOOK AT ALL THE PEOPLE WHO LOVE ROBOCOP!!!!" and re-run that angle

You underestimate just how big of a mark for Robocop I am.  If it were up to me he'd be at LEAST the US champion by now.

Well, I guess Sweetser has just been officially outed as being Jim Herd.

THE HUNCHBACKS WOULD HAVE WORKED DAMN IT

unfortunately David McLane went out of business before WOW got some hunchbacks