DVDVR Message Board

WWE Network... It's Here

goodhelmet

So while I await the chance to watch this on my lunch at work, I have come on here to live vicariously through you all. Friday I will be watching all day since I'm off and my kid will be at school.

WWEN is my $9.99 per month version of crack.

It's interesting watching this from the outside in, because you can sort of see how our community is going to change and where knowledge is going to increase (early Raws, the early WWF and WCW ppvs, early ECW at first, the specific things in the live feed). 

I said it over on PWO and it doesn't apply quite as much here since this is a far more esoteric group, but I have some hope that the "search" feature is going to lead to more career retrospective style watching which might push mentalities away from focusing on "great matches" and instead towards trends and patterns in how a wrestler wrestles over a number of matches in a number of situations, which I think is a much more interesting and accurate way to talk about a wrestler, because it puts things on a more even playing ground when you take "opportunity" out of the mix and don't just look at the most highly touted matches.

• Like 1

I think Rick Rude is one of my five favorite wrestlers ever. He was good in his early NWA stuff, very good in his WWF stuff, and legitimately great in his WCW stuff before his injury and retirement. It's a damn shame he got hurt because he was pretty much amazing. 

• Like 1