DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber

Brian Fowler

For all the great Shield six-mans, nothing had really shaken me from feeling that the one last year at EC was there best, the one with Cena's epic face in peril segment.

Tonight may have topped it.  Luke Harper is so fucking good it's scary.  I mean, I know Bray is good in the ring, and incredibly compelling on the mic, and has a modern Jake Roberts vibe and...  Harper is the star of that team.  He's amazing.

The Cesaro/Cena sequence leading to the STF elimination was the single best part of the show, though, imo.

• Like 3

Reddit guy was 6-0 as an FYI.

This PPV is going to be poorly remembered because it had two bad matches on before a fuck finish for the main.  

That Shield - Wyatts match was the proverbial bees knees.  AND it accomplished everything it wanted to without turning the Shield on each other.  I thought for half a second Reigns was going to take out all 3 Wyatts.  

Thinking more on it, Bryan losing either sets up:  DB-Kane or HHH as a stand alone match (meaning the title match will be worth it just to see 75000 people boo)  OR   DB - HHH for entry into the title match.   It's the last exit on the freeway, let's see if they decide to get off or keep heading towards a certain doom. 

I just can't see them doing Bryan vs Kane at Wrestlemania.  I mean first of all the idea of Triple H not having a match is :lol: to begin with.  Second of all I can't believe that a company would be so stupid to think that fighting Kane would be an improvement over Shemaus which was the original plan before Punk left.

Unless of course Punk didn't really leave.  DA DA DAAAAAA  ;)

How was the crowd for Bootista? Twitter said they shit on him.

Also, crowd was dead when Orton won. Is NO heat, heat?

Crowd was shitting on Batista whole match, activly cheering for Del Rio.  Batista honestly hit 6 moves of offense and won.

Orton winning was seriously silence.  That three hit and the building went silent aside from Orton's music.

Counting his match as the main event of the Rumble because the Rumble is a special situation, Orton has now won 7 out of the last 9 ppv main events. The two he didn't win were a no-contest and a loss that was overturned the next night. That also means 6 out of the last 8 main event title matches have been won by the heel (since he was a face during MitB so that doesn't count.)

Are they...are they really building to a Bryan/Kane match at 'Mania?

Also, based on the crowd reaction to his name tonight, I'm thinking Hogan doesn't get quite the hero's welcome he did last time around.

On the plus side, Shield/Wyatts was worth all of the moneys. Probably not much above a very-good match, but the crowd made it spectacular.

Couldn't disagree more. It was perfectly laid out and the execution was spot on. THEN you had the crowd making it even more of a spectacle. The WWE has had some fantastic six-man tags since the Shield have debuted, but this was their best, no?

• Like 1

Batista-ADR was train-wreck-style fun.

I cannot imagine that Orton makes it through the next month as the champ. WWE might be stubborn, but they're not THAT stubborn. 

When Harper was beating down Rollins with smacks, and Rollins fires back with one of his own pretty much saying, "fuck you, I can hang" and then just getting DROPPED by Harper on his next shot was so awesome. Did the Wyatts turn Rollins and Reigns (Ambrose is the dick) face?

WWE has a serious problem on their hands with Batista. The apathy is... unsettling for a WM main eventer. At first I thought it was "booo, we don't like him coming back and taking the spotlight" but the more I see the more it comes across like "we don't want to see this dude period." I mean, if the crowd is cheering for Del Rio over you (in multiple cities)... that's a problem for the man positioned at the main event babyface of the biggest show ever.

Also, for real, they're not doing Kane/Bryan at 'Mania. It's either Bryan in a three-way or he gets Helmsley and wins and then gets the belt a few months down the line, even if it's only for a few months. This really isn't bad booking. It's delayed gratification. They're basically acknowleding on TV he's the biggest babyface in the company. This is like RVD's quest to win the ECW title. However, it's very possible the end result will be similar.

• Like 1

Batista-ADR was train-wreck-style fun.

I cannot imagine that Orton makes it through the next month as the champ. WWE might be stubborn, but they're not THAT stubborn. 

You've seen Vince McMahon in action, right?

When Harper was beating down Rollins with smacks, and Rollins fires back with one of his own pretty much saying, "fuck you, I can hang" and then just getting DROPPED by Harper on his next shot was so awesome. Did the Wyatts turn Rollins and Reigns (Ambrose is the dick) face?

I seemed like all six were babyfaces.  People were just loving all the shit each guy got a chance to do.

People who nee to be pointed out for being awesome today.

Rollins: Jumped out of my seat on the landing on his feet off the top German spot. As badass as Reigns was, Rollins was the big winner for the SHIELD tonight. That match ended any doubt I had about Rollins not making it post SHIELD. He's too good not to make it.

Reigns and Wyatt: Both are top end stars now.

Harper: Might have been the best guy in the match. Fantastic showing.

Fucking everyone in the Chamber: 6 great wrestlers putting on a great great showing.

• Like 1

WWE has a serious problem on their hands with Batista. The apathy is... unsettling for a WM main eventer. At first I thought it was "booo, we don't like him coming back and taking the spotlight" but the more I see the more it comes across like "we don't want to see this dude period." I mean, if the crowd is cheering for Del Rio over you (in multiple cities)... that's a problem for the man positioned at the main event babyface of the biggest show ever.

No biggie. Minneapolis is a notorious smark city... right?

• Like 2

Kane/Bryan will be a match on RAW to build up to the match with HHH at Mania. Stipulation on the HHH Mania match will be that if Bryan beats HHH, he gets inserted in to the WWE Title match. Bryan wrestles twice at Mania and wins the Gold at the end of the night.

• Like 2

I think they think showing all those shots of miserable people tomorrow night will be as funny and cute as Miz girl.  HHH and Steph will probably show the clips in their opening promo.

But these were growed-ass adults who looked like they were giving up on enjoying a guy they had really really liked watching.  Mission accomplished?  I guess?

• Like 1