DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber

Brian Fowler

WWE has a serious problem on their hands with Batista. The apathy is... unsettling for a WM main eventer. At first I thought it was "booo, we don't like him coming back and taking the spotlight" but the more I see the more it comes across like "we don't want to see this dude period." I mean, if the crowd is cheering for Del Rio over you (in multiple cities)... that's a problem for the man positioned at the main event babyface of the biggest show ever.

No biggie. Minneapolis is a notorious smark city... right?

"Non smark city" is to WWE what "Not a big college town" was to Spinal Tap

• Like 5

That six man tag match. Yikes. I had high expectations going in and yeah, that really was fucking great fun, Met those expectations and then some. Wild brawl, some great moments (hard to pick out any one thing but I guess Harper's suicide dive was pretty nutty).

Chamber, well, it was great as well. Wrestling fans inability to count full rotations continues to irk me (you don't count the number of seconds he's spinning!) but ignoring that very minor detail, I liked the Brogue Kick into the pod, I thought the spot where Cesaro was about to swing Christian only for Cena to come in with a cross body, catapulting Christian up onto the turnbuckle was super rad...fuck, I'm going to just end up listing about half the match. It was chock-full of really great moments. The ending was a bit less cool, but I will say that they totally got me when Bryan kicked out of the RKO the first time, I thought that he was on for the win.

I'd say that I have no interest in Bryan vs Kane if it happens, and I'd prefer him to be in that main event title match obviously, but I can't think of many things involving Bryan that I wouldn't be into. And if instead of a Kane series it leads to his inclusion in the main event, well that's OK by me. But you do have to think that, hot as Bryan is, if they don't pull the trigger on him soon it'll be a wasted opportunity.

Also, it'll probably get lost in the talk of the 6 man tag and the main event, but I've just remembered the awesome double dive to the outside from the Rhodes Brothers in the pre-show. Goldust is just really bloody good, somehow he refuses to bow to age. And yes, the fact they actually chanted "Bootista" was pretty funny. I like that Batista is so unpopular that he convinced the crowd to cheer for Del Rio like no crowd has ever cheered before.

WWE has a serious problem on their hands with Batista. The apathy is... unsettling for a WM main eventer. At first I thought it was "booo, we don't like him coming back and taking the spotlight" but the more I see the more it comes across like "we don't want to see this dude period." I mean, if the crowd is cheering for Del Rio over you (in multiple cities)... that's a problem for the man positioned at the main event babyface of the biggest show ever.

That's the way I see it too. Nobody wants to see Batista, we just don't give a fuck. Babyface, heel, tweener, just make him go away.

I'm so happy to see Harper getting so much love. I saw (I think) his last pre-WWE match with Chikara, and it was a great slugfest with the War King Eddie Kingston.

The announcers were putting him over too.  At least, in my mind, calling him the new Brody is putting him over.

• Like 2

I'm so happy to see Harper getting so much love. I saw (I think) his last pre-WWE match with Chikara, and it was a great slugfest with the War King Eddie Kingston.

The announcers were putting him over too.  At least, in my mind, calling him the new Brody is putting him over.

It's also a bit of a clever nod to his indy name.

WWE Creative Humor ‏@WWECreative_ish  17m

Shot after shot of fans looking disgusted at our product should really help sell WrestleMania #WWEChamber

WWE Creative Humor ‏@WWECreative_ish  17m

Thanks to the WWE Network, starting tomorrow you can go back and watch us drop the ball with @WWEDanielBryan over & over again #WWEChamber

what the fuck is wrong with this company

a virtual monopoly on their fanbase

It's same basic reason why Fox has been trotting Joe Buck out there for years despite him being almost universally loathed...what're you gonna do, not watch the World Series or Super Bowl?

And to continue the sports world metaphors, Batista at this point is like a big name free agent that your team signed only for him to turn into a complete has-been bust, but they have to start him anyway to justify the contract.

It was funny when they found dudes in RKO shirts in the crowd to single out, and even they looked crestfallen.

Also, I love how Road Dogg hurts himself headbutting a Samoan, but Bray headbutted Reigns after he powered out of the first Sister Abigail and was fine.

• Like 1

The great thing about the Wyatts is that I can detach myself from being too critical about them in the sense that they are heels that I boo and hate to see win when they are wrestling. They're not cool heels. I'll not cheer them. But when the show is over, I appreciate how fucking awesome they are. That goes triple for Harper because that dude is amazing. 

I really got into anything they did tonight. When their music hit during the EC, it got me spitting venom at them even though I knew it was probably coming.

At the end of his match I felt a little sorry for Batista. I mean, when they asked him to come back they must've blown smoke up his arse and told him the crowd would eat up his return. Then when they're shitting all over it they close up on his face and he says "deal with it". But really it's him who's having to deal with it.

But then I LOL'd cuz it's hilarious.

• Like 1

Speaking of killing the EC.

This Authority shit has to go away.

I was thinking, "they need a match where no one can interfere and Bryan gets a fair shot."

Then I realized, there is NOT a kayfabe structure in the WWE that would really allow that. I don't buy Bryan getting a fair shot unless Vince comes back pro-bryan and basically orders it to be fair.

Only solution? CZWs Cage of Death! Outsource.

Reddit guy was 6-0 as an FYI.

Although he did predict that Ambrose would eat the pinfall.

Actually, Ambrose was really odd in that match. I mean other than vanish into the crowd I don't really remember him doing much other than being super angry and starting the brawl at the very beginning, and coming in a few times during the match and punching dudes before quick tagging out again. Is my memory playing tricks on me? (It's past 4am, I'm allowed to have a crummy memory)

Speaking of killing the EC.

This Authority shit has to go away.

I was thinking, "they need a match where no one can interfere and Bryan gets a fair shot."

Then I realized, there is NOT a kayfabe structure in the WWE that would really allow that. I don't buy Bryan getting a fair shot unless Vince comes back pro-bryan and basically orders it to be fair.

Only solution? CZWs Cage of Death! Outsource.

Triple H, Kane, and Orton vs. Bryan and two members of Special K

• Like 1

what the fuck is wrong with this company

a virtual monopoly on their fanbase

It's same basic reason why Fox has been trotting Joe Buck out there for years despite him being almost universally loathed...what're you gonna do, not watch the World Series or Super Bowl?

And to continue the sports world metaphors, Batista at this point is like a big name free agent that your team signed only for him to turn into a complete has-been bust, but they have to start him anyway to justify the contract.

Holy shit, Bootista IS Juan Gonzalez as a Tiger!