DVDVR Message Board

Tommy Dreamer

Web Conn

Dreamer's shriek of agony after Lawler caned him DOWN THERE still chills me to the bone every time I hear it. In retrospect it's a miracle he could perform any husbandly duties with Beulah, much less have two kids.

• Like 2

Dreamer managed to marry Beulah. He's a man amongst men in my book.

How does Miz rate for being about to marry Maryse?

She's beautiful AND Canadian. He's a role model for all the young kids out there.

Dreamer's appeal is that in ECW he was the proverbial "everyman." He was the guy the fans indentified with, because he was as passionate about and loyal to ECW as the audience was. Plus, the guy was a solid hand in the ring who didn't mind putting guys over even when he didn't need to.

Dreamer's appeal is that in ECW he was the proverbial "everyman." He was the guy the fans indentified with, because he was as passionate about and loyal to ECW as the audience was. Plus, the guy was a solid hand in the ring who didn't mind putting guys over even when he didn't need to.

Yeah....not sure I see anything worthwhile in the guy who hardcore ECW fans most identify with.

• Like 1

Man I miss that one guy in the front row with the dreads that always looked like he was freaking out on drugs

He would always wear a vest without a shirt

Gangsta as fuck

One time Psicosis spit water in the crowd and it looked like he was trying to drink it

A wrestler based on him would be way cooler than Tommy Dreamer is what I'm saying

Man I miss that one guy in the front row with the dreads that always looked like he was freaking out on drugs

He would always wear a vest without a shirt

Gangsta as fuck

One time Psicosis spit water in the crowd and it looked like he was trying to drink it

A wrestler based on him would be way cooler than Tommy Dreamer is what I'm saying

Izzat the same dude begging other fans to be quiet for Eddie's speech after the 2/3 draw w/ Malenko? Yeah, that dude is/was pretty grissy lookin'.

I love Tommy Dreamer. The shit with him and Raven is one of my favorite things in wrestling ever. He piledrove people, and said "I'll take 'em both." What's not to love?

This video is pro wrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJWq5UCSknQ

Wow. Those ECW's with the footage spliced in with the actual music video were tremendous.

• Like 1

I am the biggest ECW mark ever and I still have no idea how I feel about Tommy Dreamer.

He was a seminal moment in early ECW fandom. That angle he did with Woman and The Sandman was great. I loved Sandman's fake-out of being blind. That was such a great thing, when they started using Sandman's real name to get the blinding over. I also loved it when Sandman caned the f out of Dreamer who wouldn't beg for Woman's mercy to make it all stop. So great.

The Raven feud was also great.

I also really loved it when Lawler caned him in his genitalia. That was one of the best parts of college. I really want to make his scream my ringtone. It was so disturbing and horrifying and 90s wrestling.

But man oh man did that dude do so many lame things. I remember one promo he did against someone where he held his hand above a candle. He was so crappy in a lot of those things. Dude was also a snooze in a lot of matches where he didn't get thrown off rooftops or whatever.

ECW wouldn't have been ECW without him. But he was still a cheesebag. Out off the dudes I consider ECW For Life, he's in dead last. Sabu, Shane, RVD, New Jack, The Public Enemy, Taz, Candido and The Sandman were way cooler.

Am I alone in thinking Tommy Dreamer's spiritual successor is BJ Whitmer? Widely considered the lesser part (fairly or unfairly) of some really well thought of feuds against more charismatic performers. Willing to take insane bumps to bring a routine brawl to more memorable levels. Probably forever tied to a single performer (Raven and Jacobs, respectively). Probably a little better in his prime than he gets credit for. 

As an aside, Dreamer is wrestling Chainsaw Joe Gacy at CZW next weekend. I'm honestly not sure if there has ever been an Indy "name" match I have had less interest in. 

The Whitmer comparison isn't bad, but Whitmer was often disliked by the ROH fans, even when he was a babyface sacrificing himself. He never got over to the level Tommy did with ECW. But there are a lot of parallels between the two.

On the Network they showed the 1994 match against Jimmy Snuka and the promo really makes you understand why he was so hated before the Sandman angle.   The sappiest babyface promo that even Bo Dallas would have hated it so bad.   Never mind that Joey pushed him on commentary like he was this never say quit bad ass and those tights that make him look like the 3rd member of High Energy.   Amazing that he become the Hardcore icon given how far he was in the beginning.