DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

How bad will the Sixers lose tonight? Only good thing about going to game are the Chickie and Pete's crab fries.

Also Knicks announce that they will be starting a D League team in White Plains next season. Considering their home is a 45 minute train ride away I'll be going to my fair share of those games.

How bad will the Sixers lose tonight? Only good thing about going to game are the Chickie and Pete's crab fries.

Also Knicks announce that they will be starting a D League team in White Plains next season. Considering their home is a 45 minute train ride away I'll be going to my fair share of those games.

Stolen from Barkley on TNT, "Can a city have two d-league teams?"

Reading the ESPN articles on some of their insiders guessing what will come from Phil Jackson with the Knicks and the last thing discussed is the possible coaching candidates and the list includes Bill Cartwright, Jim Cleamons, Kurt Rambis, Steve Kerr and Brian Shaw (I guess they'd assume he could get bought out). The triangle worked with Phil because he carries the weight and has the success behind him to get players to buy into it. I don't think those guys do. Kerr is an interesting name. Would he really want to jump into coaching with the Knicks?

I predict some of the other names we'll hear getting involved in either a coaching or front office capacity will be guys like Derek Fisher (who's supposedly retiring after the season), Luke Walton, and Luc Longley (if he can get talked out of leaving Australia).

The Charly Rosen article at hoopshype has more on what one could expect with Phil Jackson with the Knicks.

Maybe.  There's been a lot of comparisons to Pat Riley being made but I don't see why he can't be more like Larry Bird.  Larry's not the GM in Indiana but he's sorta set the direction of the franchise and had his hand in guiding hirings/firings.

Phil Jackson will be a success if he can hire the right people and stop Dolan from meddling.  All the Knicks problems stem back to Dolan whiffing on LeBron and throwing a ton of money at Amare because he felt like he had to get someone.

If I were the Knicks, I'd try to get a sign and trade bidding war going for Melo and get rid of him.  Tank next year when they have their pick.  Clear the books of Amare, Chandler, Bargnani and pick the right pieces this time.

Guys who might be available in 15/16 - The Big 3, Marc Gasol, Tony Parker, LaMarcus Aldridge, Wesley Matthews, DeAndre Jordan, Goran Dragic, Eric Bledsoe, Rajon Rondo, Roy Hibbert, Paul Millsap.

And then there's the most realistic option no one is really talking about - Kevin Durant in 16/17.

Phil is really good at one thing: coaching superstars who previously underachieved and making them champions. Whether he can do anything else is pure speculation. The Knicks are dogshit and going nowhere so they can afford the risk, but personally I'm not seeing it.

Do you realize that the Sixers probably won't win another game this season yet they will probably still have a better record than the Bucks?

It's kinda crazy that OKC is like a damn invincible powerhouse with Westbrook and Durant in the lineup, but fall over like a house of cards if you take one of them out.  Dallas just smoked them bad tonight.  They'll get back to kicking our ass in the playoffs I'm sure, though.

Do you realize that the Sixers probably won't win another game this season yet they will probably still have a better record than the Bucks?

Cue the Sixers getting the No 4 pick and the Bucks the 14th.

It's kinda crazy that OKC is like a damn invincible powerhouse with Westbrook and Durant in the lineup, but fall over like a house of cards if you take one of them out.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Davis will be a monster in the NBA if he stays healthy.