DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 2nd Half

Dolfan in NYC

They'll keep the pick. They can't trade it. Stepien rule. They could trade the player after, but I don't think they'll do that.

I still think the plan is the big addition for this summer is the high lottery pick. Wait for 2015 for the big name free agents. I don't really worry about the Lakers rebuilding the team. Mitch Kupchak is a good GM.

The real problem for the Lakers is finding the right coach. They gotta stop with these MIKES! Get a Jeff, Billy or Fred in there...

Will be interesting to see if Kobe can continue to follow in the footsteps of Jordan. This time by damaging a young players psyche like Jordan in Washington. 

Looking at the 76ers schedule the next legitimate chance they have of winning is probably against the Pistons, which would be the game they would have to win to stop from getting the NBA losing streak record.  Biggest game of the year, Fowler.

I figured they were going to beat the Knicks a couple days ago. Knicks had a big lead in the 4th and pulled the starters. With 30 seconds left they had blown the lead and he had to put the starters back in. Not a great thing to have to do when auditioning for your job with the new team President. 
  • Like 1

Yeah, that Spurs team won over 20 straight into the playoffs before losing to OKC in the finals. I have absolutely no idea how that team didn't run away with the title the way they played down the stretch. They were the platonic ideal of basketball for about three straight months. Every player did everything possible to make the game easier for everyone else on their team.

The Spurs collapse against OKC was insane. They won the first 2 and then the Thunder just beat their ass like a drum in game 3 and the wheels completely fell off. I remember thinking after game 2 that the no one could beat the Spurs and then they lost 4 straight. It was probably one of the most shocking series I can remember.

That is kind of what happens when you have the three best players in the series though.  That team was great, and they played together well enough, but when Durant, Westbrook, and Harden were on their game they just couldn't do anything to stop it.  Not to pile on with just about the rest of the planet earth, but them not paying Harden was criminal.

I legitimately thought that Spurs team was looking like one of the 15 or so best teams of all time the way they were playing. Just slicing teams up. I swear, there were entire quarters where no one on the team dribbled since their passing was so great.