DVDVR Message Board

Design your dream game that will never, ever happen in real life...

Big Fresh

Honestly, at this point I have little enough faith in Chris Roberts that the correct answer may be "Star Citizen if it had everything Cloud Imperium/RSI has promised will be in it."  If StarCit actually HAS everything they've promised will be in it, my desiccated husk will be found after I eventually starve to death gaming.

A wrestling game that acknowledges that wrestling is a work. It would have probably have to be combined with an arcade/competitive mode, but I want a game that makes me actually cooperate with the opponent to put on a good match. Combine it with a career mode that has some RPG-style stat building, a territory system, realistic physical decline, and an open-ended system of career progression and I'm set. Keep moves and CAW stuff coming out regularly as DLC. if I wanna play out my career like William Regal, Hulk Hogan, or fucking Dynamite Kid, gimme that option. The game I have in my head has the most insane amount of replay value ever. 

Also, I think sports games are way too goddamn complicated anymore. I need something with the depth, difficulty and graphical power of 2K basketball or The Show, but combined with the controls of NHL 94. I can't just pick up these games and have 'em wired quick anymore. I have to, like, study to be good at these games and it's just not fun. 

I want HD next gen updates of Final Fantasy VII and VIII, but with the lead characters re-written.  In short, I want to play FFVII and not wish for the 100th time that I could shove Cloud's brooding emo ass into a vat of acid and still complete the game.

• 3 weeks later...

A great wrestling game. Two best I've played, Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain and the first Fire Pro Wrestling Game Boy Advance game. I'm also fond of Smackdown vs. RAW 2006.

A great Spider-Man game with the controls and love for the material in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City by Rocksteady Studios. Take Batman: Arkham City. Batman’s grapple gun would be Spider-Man’s web when he’s swinging and the grapple gun boost will make Spider-Man jump higher. When you press the button for Catwoman to climb buildings, use that for Spider-Man’s wall climbing. For the Freeflow combat, change Batman’s combat for Spider-Man's and switch the enemy attacking indicator onto Spidey for his Spider Sense.

After playing Saint's Row 4, we need to have more open world super hero games.  Why can't we get an Marvel Alliance type game where you can basically play with any Marvel Super Hero and go around solving crimes and shit.  Lego Marvel was great, but I would like it more if there was just an open world where you come across different missions with different heroes, that fels more like what would happen if you were those particular heroes.

A great Spider-Man game with the controls and love for the material in Batman: Arkham Asylum and Batman: Arkham City by Rocksteady Studios. Take Batman: Arkham City. Batman’s grapple gun would be Spider-Man’s web when he’s swinging and the grapple gun boost will make Spider-Man jump higher. When you press the button for Catwoman to climb buildings, use that for Spider-Man’s wall climbing. For the Freeflow combat, change Batman’s combat for Spider-Man's and switch the enemy attacking indicator onto Spidey for his Spider Sense.

How about Spider-Man made by the dudes who made Assassin's Creed 2?

• Like 1

A glitch-free Bethesda game.

Dude, I know this is the dream game thread, but let's try to keep it somewhat realistic.

Crusader Kings 2 + Mount and Blade: War Bands for the battles

Views, newsletter, etc...

• Like 1

Crusader Kings 2 + Mount and Blade: War Bands for the battles

Views, newsletter, etc...

Not sure I understand what you mean?

Sorry, I forget that not everyone speaks entirely in Simpsons quotes.

• Like 1

A really good game about the Flash.  Fifteen and even ten years ago we were all saying superspeed was too hard to make fun, it'd never work, etc.  But I think Saints' Row 4 and even DC Universe Online have proven it can work (for all its faults, DCUO did a bang-up job on making it cool to just screw around with travel powers).  Come up with a reason that the Rogues would actually be willing to work with the likes of Grodd and Zoom and Cobalt Blue and you've got my GOTY.

How about Spider-Man made by the dudes who made Assassin's Creed 2?

Good shout that.

My dream games are FFVI and FFVII remakes with PS3-PS4 graphics.

Another dream game for me is a wrestling game with a weight/lift system with animations for the lifting struggles which would take more stamina the more you lifted. Would also want a proper 5 vs. 5 Survivor Series match, death matches, numerous crazy submissions, some sort of counter/struggle system for said submissions that goes a bit more in depth than what there is currently in the WWE games.

Fuck Mutant League Hockey, we need Mutant League Sports.  Football, Basketball, Hockey, and everything else.  Who are these people making downloadable games, and missing the boat on surefire hits like Mutant League sports, a Power Stone clone, and a Road Rage rip off.  Why did I never learn how to program? 

The guy who made those games tried to Kickstart "Football Mutant League" (or something like that to get around the copyright) a few months ago. It was unsuccessful. If he had done hockey, I would contributed.