DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Alvarez has been on a roll of late so I'll just reiterate what he said because I agree with it. Punk has been pushed as the #2 guy in the company. He's not John Cena. Anyone who thinks he should be in John Cena's position is delusional. On top of that he's made a boatload of money with this contract. I'm not buying the "Punk has been held down!" narrative.

• Like 2

Agree this will to the fan untill something comes up look like employee vs management. And to some it's all that's wrong with Wresltmaina, Punk works his butt off 52 weeks out the year with a goal to head line Maina only to find out actually Taker, Batista, HHH, possible Sting, Lesner are going to head line.

I really have no idea what Punks gripes are but I highly doubt he's upset he's not billed above John Cena. It's a straw man argument.

My guess is he's unhappy with creative direction and burnt out. Having to sell for a retired Billy Gunn will do that to you.

I really have no idea what Punks gripes are but I highly doubt he's upset he's not billed above John Cena. It's a straw man argument.

My guess is he's unhappy with creative direction and burnt out. Having to sell for a retired Billy Gunn will do that to you.

The argument I've seen is Punk/WWE didn't expect him to resign on July so once he saw he was being paired with Hunter for Maina saw how that match would go and went to Vince and that lead to him saying fine all go home.

It was reported that he was supposed to lose to Cesaro in an Elimination Chamber qualifier before quitting. I guess he'd be happy winning the title and losing to Batista at Wrestlemania. My guess is that he was not happy at being used to put over Roman Reigns and that he didn't like being surpassed by Daniel Bryan in popularity. I'd love to see a bitter heel CM Punk feud with Daniel Bryan because he is jealous.

Why put over Triple H? Is he coming out of retirement to wrestle full time again? Is the WWE Universe © dying for one last, dominant run from him? Is he in danger of losing his spot in the company? Punk should have put over someone on his way out--Bryan, Reigns, Wyatt, Langston, or anyone else who needs the rub. But not Triple H.

• Like 4

Why put over Triple H? Is he coming out of retirement to wrestle full time again? Is the WWE Universe © dying for one last, dominant run from him? Is he in danger of losing his spot in the company? Punk should have put over someone on his way out--Bryan, Reigns, Wyatt, Langston, or anyone else who needs the rub. But not Triple H.

Triple H beats Punk, loses to Bryan?

lol Sting.

Well, if he doesn't wrestle unless he's number 1# I guess he has the right to just quit but it would make more sense that he is more upset about how things are being done since he likes to have a lot of creative input on his angles. Hey, him and Heyman probably booked 90% of their storyline.

But yeah, the fact that he left right before the biggest paycheck of the year is what tips that is not a money issue but rather that atm there's not enough money to make him continue.

Punk was pinned by Reigns once already  

Man, we really need a filter on the endless Poochie references.

Poochie died on the way to his home planet of Pitbull because he forgot to pay his air bill.

Davey Richards and Zack Ryder are the worst people ever, Goldust and Mark Henry are awesome, random hatred for Kofi, Jimmy Valiant glass table.

• Like 4

Still waiting for the lead heel for the past six months to take a fall or show any ass.

Actually going back to HHHs return as COO in 2011 when has he shown any weakness? And no, trading wins with Lesnar while single handedly draining Lesnar of his marketability doesn't count.

You could argue that Punk is a mark for himself but HHH is on a whole other level.

• Like 4

Not jobbing adds value to you. People who say that loses don't matter are the ones who don't want to lose and are trying to talk others to do the jobs. Being a mark for yourself = more money, unless you're Triple H and you're getting paid mostly for creative/office job, then it's all ego.

Still waiting for the lead heel for the past six months to take a fall or show any ass.

Actually going back to HHHs return as COO in 2011 when has he shown any weakness? And no, trading wins with Lesnar while single handedly draining Lesnar of his marketability doesn't count.

You could argue that Punk is a mark for himself but HHH is on a whole other level.

He had to back down from Big Show but that's pretty much it.

Well, Big Show finally did hit him with the WMD....

Once.

According to F4WOnline.com, Bray Wyatt writes all of his promos himself, and then submits them to the WWE creative team for edits and final approval.

I don't see this anywhere but if true, I can't say I'm surprised. It's always seemed to me, the less creative is involved the better.

you'd think more guys would get into the idea of just doing that. Get your creative guys on a e-mail cluster and let it work that way.

I'd imagine the worst way to handle creative is to just show up and get your stuff without really saying much about it in-between shows.

Anyways, here's a wrestler who is living his gimmick:

Just wait until they decide to give Ryback a "competitive eater" gimmick

• Like 1