DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Jae has joked about leaving Bryan out.  I've long been in favor of retiring him from competition and naming the whole thing after him.  No way he loses this year.  No competiton from Aries, Cesaro didn't swing Miz into the barricade this year, Mark Henry was gone for most of it, Punk was Punk, Rey was worse... Shit, maybe we should leave Bryan in.  

Jae has joked about leaving Bryan out. I've long been in favor of retiring him from competition and naming the whole thing after him. No way he loses this year. No competiton from Aries, Cesaro didn't swing Miz into the barricade this year, Mark Henry was gone for most of it, Punk was Punk, Rey was worse... Shit, maybe we should leave Bryan in.

None of these guys are the real threat (though Cesaro had a great year), it'd be Goldust, Rollins, Reigns, and Harper who would be the ones to watch.

I actually support leaving Bryan out. With Bryan in, we know who wins now. With him out, its a total crapshoot.

No one's been close to Bryan this year. Unless you can vote for the Shield as a unit, in which case they're the only competish...

The reality is Bryan who won last year on a down year, just had the best year of his career, while the previous threats from last year (Punk, Henry, Cesaro, Aries, Cena, Sheamus, Big Show), only Cesaro had a better year this year then last.

We are looking at least a 4 to 1 vote count in the finals.

I propose we leave Bryan out, and after the finals, we have the winner face Daniel Bryan for the coveted "Being Daniel Bryan" title.

Here's my idea for March Madness this year. Instead of adding a poll, you have to post who you are voting for in big bold lettering. Then you may add a reason. I think this will cut down on troll votes and promote more discussion. Yes, instead of 100+ votes we'd be down.. there would be less of a turnout.. but that doesn't really matter.

• Like 1

Here's my idea and this goes on the idea that Punk, Goldust, Rollins, Harper, Ceasaro, and Reigns are the only challengers to Bryan. We put either Ceasaro or Reigns on the opposite side of Bryan. Then Punk, Goldust, Rollins, Harper, Ceasaro/Reigns get out sloted to face Bryan in each round. So Punk round 1, Goldust round 2 so on.

Here's my idea and this goes on the idea that Punk, Goldust, Rollins, Harper, Ceasaro, and Reigns are the only challengers to Bryan. We put either Ceasaro or Reigns on the opposite side of Bryan. Then Punk, Goldust, Rollins, Harper, Ceasaro/Reigns get out sloted to face Bryan in each round. So Punk round 1, Goldust round 2 so on.

S in other words, we get no interesting matching all tourney. Bryan destroys everyone interesting, and either Cesaro or Reigns walk to the finals with no competition.

Another way lucha is different than american wrestling.

They had a birthday cake for one of the edecanes before tonight's show started and it did not end in anyone's face.

Jim Cornette would not be happy.

it took until 1996 for Mexico to run a "legend gets roughed up by the top rudo" angle.. so maybe they'll hold the cake in the face angle later.

Have they held a "technicos demonstrate a straitjacket, the rudos rush in to beat up the faces" angle? or is that just a Cornette angle?