DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Has there ever been a punishment for being a shitty base on a big dive? I can see if the guy overshoots his dive, but if you don't make an effort to catch a guy who is coming right at you, you should get fined or suspended or something.

Didn't Snuka's kid get fired after failing to catch Taker on a dive at Wrestlemania a few years back? Or was he fired for being a shitty wrestler?

weren't most of the Pierre/Hakushi-Bret matches held before Bret won the belt back in 95 and was facing everybody with a pulse? There might be some reasons to gripe over his 92/93 reign and the amount of focus he got compared to other main event types. Would be fewer reasons to complain about his 1994 reign although a portion of that reign occurred with Vince on trial

Wasn't Bret the Champ when Pierre stole his jacket or whatever they were feuding over?

that was a month before Bret/Diesel, IIRC

Without mentioning what's going on on Raw, I'm just amazed that Billy Gunn is 50.

What's Bart been up to?

Last time I remember seeing him was on the Raw anniversary show a couple years back. He participated in the battle royal that had guys from the last 15 years in it (Sarge, Scotty 2 Hotty, IRS, Steve Blackman, etc). He didn't look much different. He did a shoot interview around that same time and if I remember correctly, he's doing construction now.

Has there ever been a punishment for being a shitty base on a big dive? I can see if the guy overshoots his dive, but if you don't make an effort to catch a guy who is coming right at you, you should get fined or suspended or something.

Didn't Snuka's kid get fired after failing to catch Taker on a dive at Wrestlemania a few years back? Or was he fired for being a shitty wrestler?

Both. He'd already been pulled from the ring twice before the Taker botch.

weren't most of the Pierre/Hakushi-Bret matches held before Bret won the belt back in 95 and was facing everybody with a pulse? There might be some reasons to gripe over his 92/93 reign and the amount of focus he got compared to other main event types. Would be fewer reasons to complain about his 1994 reign although a portion of that reign occurred with Vince on trial

Wasn't Bret the Champ when Pierre stole his jacket or whatever they were feuding over?

Fairly sure that was during Nash's title run.

I wonder if Roman Reigns consults with Bret Hart regarding hair care.

I wonder if Batista consults with his grandkids regarding fashion.

I think Batista consulted with his two daughters when he decided on the belly button tattoo.

ASK SHEIK!

How can I make Katy Perry be my girlfriend?

—Omar Lucero

Bubba. Excellent question. Simple answer bubba. 1 you have the money you have the sex like the bill Clinton. 2 you sing music like the lady rob Thomas. 3 you pretend you give a fuck about movie the notebook you cry than she like you. If you don't have the sex with the Katy after that than you can go fuck yourself

• Like 12

Gotta figure Keibler needs something to fall back on now that her gig being Clooney's girlfriend is over. Regarding the Punk situation. When he first signed on I thought Punk would be a "Triple H Guy", I mean, it seems like they have a lot in common, and it was almost confirmed to me when he was put on Triple H's team for Survivor Series. I would think that H would be a little more understanding about the current situation.

The notebook?

Poison pill, Shieky.  Come on, now!  Could we settle on My Best Friend's Wedding? Or Last of the Mohicans?

Something.

Gentlemen.  Don't listen to him.  If you play this right, at this stage in a relationship she should be pretending to be "cool" to impress you and should be giving it up for SHAUN OF THE DEAD or CHASING AMY.

• Like 2

I remember girls walking up to Joe more than once in science class asking just to touch his hair...

coincidentally the "Divas want to touch Roman Reigns hair" was plan B for Roman's gimmick in the WWE

• Like 1

I love the idea that somehow Stacy Keibler is valuable enough to be offered a "lucrative offer".  I can just see the pitch: "Now, you're a terrible wrestler...and now that we're PG we can't really play up the sex appeal angle anymore, but you used to date George Clooney, so, here's a massive offer."

Griftng a shit-ton of $$$$$ out of Vince McMahon will only make her more astoundingly good-looking to me.

If she becomes the female Kevin Nash, I'm going to faint out of pants-related blood constriction.

They'll have to come off.

She and Nash already share

1) hairstyle

2) leg shape

It's really just a wallet/grift-record thing and I can finally have the NWO fantasy without feeling weird.

• Like 3

I love the idea that somehow Stacy Keibler is valuable enough to be offered a "lucrative offer".  I can just see the pitch: "Now, you're a terrible wrestler...and now that we're PG we can't really play up the sex appeal angle anymore, but you used to date George Clooney, so, here's a massive offer."

oh man, I didn't hear the news that she split with George Clooney.

maybe they'll induct her into the HOF

hopefully someone can get Jared Lorenzen into the Performance Center. Plus he has a natural alternate nickname now, the River Monster.

BfmLfw5CYAEVYwg.jpg

Although I could see cardio exercises being a problem for him.

Just paint a moon and star on his stomach and he can be the White Kamala

Still waiting for the lead heel for the past six months to take a fall or show any ass.

Actually going back to HHHs return as COO in 2011 when has he shown any weakness? And no, trading wins with Lesnar while single handedly draining Lesnar of his marketability doesn't count.

You could argue that Punk is a mark for himself but HHH is on a whole other level.

He had to back down from Big Show but that's pretty much it.

How soon we forget last week's Smackdown, when HHH only gave Shield the six-man tag at Elimination Chamber when Reigns got in his face.

I remember girls walking up to Joe more than once in science class asking just to touch his hair...

Did you guys hear this guy knows Roman Reigns?

• Like 5