DVDVR Message Board

TNA Impact: Genesis Pt 2 Spoilers for 1/23

So it won't just be Russo but Russo booking heel Dixie for the first time. I think people are missing this bit.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

Heel Dixie: TNA Champion!

You bet your ass I am, Pinky. She's a money mark. He's her bootlicking buddy.

• Like 1

So I've been watching Dukes of Hazzard occasionally on CMT.  It dawned on me that either by accident or by design they're portraying Dixie and crew like the villains.  You have Dixie as Boss Hog, Spud as Roscoe P. Coltraine, and if you want EC3 can be Enos.  Only thing is that there's no equivalent of the Duke boys.  Nobody is overcoming her dastardly deeds, they're instead leaving.  But for the role of Daisy you can insert Velvet Sky in that spot.  It's not the best analogy, but I've heard worse.  Sad part is that I think it's entirely by accident and they just don't know what the fuck they're doing with booking this.  It's becoming end of WCW bad, but they're like cockroaches.  Somehow they're just going to putter along for some time until Panda/Spike says "Fuck it"  It might happen soon, could happen much later on.  But it's veering into that territory which is a shame.  They had some great TV not long ago.  Not sure what happened but it sucks.

• Like 1

It will be interesting with Sting/Hogan gone, as they were wrestlers I believe Spike was helping pay for (Maybe Angle and Hardy too?  I can't remember if they were also on the list).  Really the promotion will die when Spike says "we've had enough."  When will that be?

September is when their contract expires. Add that to the fact that it is also when WWE's contract with NBC/Universal expires. Spike would benefit by using WWE programming to have Bellator and Glory ride its coattails.

So the conversation is no longer about them supposedly being on the verge of death? Now

It's about what kind of numbers they should and shouldn't be getting. Makes sense.

We're just waiting for the inevitable. Someone has to turn off the machine.

Even when that machine is finally turned off EN090 will be there at bedside to try & put it back on straight away. It seems he only exists on here to defend TNA, even at their very worst.

That said, I'm not sure TNA will die. Despite everything. They are just...a cockroach man. You can't kill it.

EN090:TNA::Bill Frist:Terri Schiavo

In Dukes booking, EC3 makes more sense as Roscoe due to his relation to Dixie. If they were still tnn maybe they could have had shooter Jennings as the narrator and had country music guests who parked illegally in town. Willie Nelson's bus mysteriously smoking outside so he has to play the impact zone as community service.

Really though, the booking makes sense with guys just leaving. Who would want to put up with this any longer?

Going with the Dukes of Hazzard analogy, I think we are stuck in that weird season with Coy and Vance Duke, while the real heroes are stuck in contract negotiations.

• Like 1

I have a hard time imagining Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle being Coy and Vance Duke, yet here I am thinking of them as that.  Seems fucked up to me after all they've done.

Also, Rev Ray makes a helluva point.  EC3 as Roscoe works.  Spud could be Enos, but man he's just a much more animated version.  Spud is the only thing about this that is entertaining to me.

In Dukes booking, EC3 makes more sense as Roscoe due to his relation to Dixie. If they were still tnn maybe they could have had shooter Jennings as the narrator and had country music guests who parked illegally in town. Willie Nelson's bus mysteriously smoking outside so he has to play the impact zone as community service.

Would smoke coming from Willie Nelson's bus REALLY be that mysterious?

Yea, Community/Parks & Rec had double the viewers even though the 'rating' is the same.  I mean for Thursday night Impact was ranked well out of the Top 50 against other cable shows.  But it was the highest rated Spike show.  Will be interesting to see if that was just a "Sting wrestling for the last time on TV" bump or if they can sustain it.

The quarter hour breakdown is kind of interesting, especially since most people figured the Sting match is what lead to the ratings bump but in reality:

Night 2 of TNA's "Genesis" Impact TNA Impact on Thursday, January 23 officially scored a 1.25 rating. This was off a first hour 1.29 rating and second hour 1.22 rating.

Q1: Impact opened with a 1.42 rating following "Cops." The segment included Sting and Magnus setting the stage for their TNA Title match in the main event, plus one commercial.

Q2: Impact dropped off to a 1.26 rating for Gunner vs. James Storm with Gunner's TNA Title shot briefcase on the line, plus one commercial.

Q3: Impact slightly increased to a 1.29 rating for Chris Sabin vs. Austin Aries for the X Division Title with Velvet Sky ringside in a cage. There was also one commercial.

Q4: Impact dropped to a 1.19 rating for two commercials and various video packages.

Q5: Impact surged to a 1.39 rating for Angle vs. Roode in a 14-minute cage match consuming the entire quarter-hour.

Q6: Impact fell back to a 1.21 rating for a Bro-Mans comedy segment and two full commercial breaks.

Q7: Impact fell to a show-low 1.13 rating for Samoa Joe squashing Rockstar Spud, one commercial, and main event ring introductions.

Q8: Impact was about the same with a 1.14 rating for Magnus vs. Sting with Sting's TNA contract on the line vs. the TNA World Title, plus one mid-match commercial.

No idea, since it wasn't listed in the top 100 cable shows for the night (in the 25-54 demo). However, the 7pm episode of Cops was listed right at the bottom of the chart and it did about a million viewers so perhaps the one right before Impact did better viewership than that (but did worse in the demo)?

How many viewers do these ratings equate to? Just curious, I read that Impact got around 180,000 viewers in the U.K. the other week, which was down on the previous week, it's the most viewed show on it's channel, which isn't really saying much for a channel that shows nothing but game show repeats, but still better than I expected.

Impact reached a 1.2 so that equates to 1.5 million viewers. Whatever the rating is just add .3 to it and that's how many viewers are watching. I.E. a 0.8 rating means 1.1 million people watched the program. Hard to believe that TNA use to come close to having nearly 2.0 million viewers for Impact.

That's not how math works, but since their rating typically stays around a 1, should be close enough.