DVDVR Message Board

Austin and Nash as two old friends bullshitting about a bunch of shit that's not wrestling was hilarious and a pleasure to listen to during my work drive today.

Hence why I asked odessasteps why he deleted it.

Nash is very well liked in the industry and a very affable and funny guy.

I deleted it because while Austin talking about random shit can be very funny at times, I listen to the podcast to hear wrestling talk.

(I know you didn't ask me specifically, please don't be really upset and contentious that I answered.)

The contention and upset isn't on my end. I asked odessa a simple question about something he chose to post on a discussion board that's all.

Smart? Sure. Well-liked in the business? I guess you didn't read Eddie Guerrero's book. Nash is a selfish piece of shit who abuses his intelligence to tell every different audience what they want to hear. He's actively harmed the business as a whole for the short-term financial gains of himself and his friends. I mean, seriously: booking himself to beat Goldberg, the last real draw WCW had, and then The Fingerpoke Of Doom, for chrissakes. It threw WCW's momentum off a cliff. He was arguably the worst booker that WCW ever had.

WCW being stupid enough to go with it isn't Nash's problem

Smart?  Sure.  Well-liked in the business?  I guess you didn't read Eddie Guerrero's book.  Nash is a selfish piece of shit who abuses his intelligence to tell every different audience what they want to hear.  He's actively harmed the business as a whole for the short-term financial gains of himself and his friends.  I mean, seriously: booking himself to beat Goldberg, the last real draw WCW had, and then The Fingerpoke Of Doom, for chrissakes.  It threw WCW's momentum off a cliff.  He was arguably the worst booker that WCW ever had.  

I never said that he was well liked. I was basically implying that he was in business for himself, but why shouldn't he be? He is his own business.

I've read a lot about him over the years that suggests that he's concerned with the money he can make first and foremost.

You cannot fault a guy for maximizing his earnings.

Am I a big fan of the guy? Not at all, but he was smart enough to take advantage of situations that were favorable to him.

Smart?  Sure.  Well-liked in the business?  I guess you didn't read Eddie Guerrero's book.  Nash is a selfish piece of shit who abuses his intelligence to tell every different audience what they want to hear.

Who cares about 1997? Eddie was no saint either.

I am talking about the present day. Modern wrestlers love him and speak very highly of him.

JBL was a bully asshole ten years ago he isn't now.

• Like 1

I think it can be summed up,

Kevin Nash, fun on a podcast, very likely bad for the industry when working in it (I would agree that he is), probably charming revisionist of some events...

Vince Russo, not fun on a podcast, very likely bad for the industry when working in it (I would agree that he is), not very charming revisionist of some events....

Kevin Nash as a businessman is free to do whatever he likes.

Me as a consumer that's paid for events that featured Nash being an amazingly lazy piece of shit thinks Kevin Nash can go fuck himself.

And I've never heard him admit to his mistakes before.  I've heard him make excuses where his timeline conveniently skips large portions of time.  He just chuckles through his bullshit so people think he's charming whereas Russo screams and pounds his fist, bro.  They're both obnoxious and full of shit.

• Like 1

Smart? Sure. Well-liked in the business? I guess you didn't read Eddie Guerrero's book. Nash is a selfish piece of shit who abuses his intelligence to tell every different audience what they want to hear. He's actively harmed the business as a whole for the short-term financial gains of himself and his friends. I mean, seriously: booking himself to beat Goldberg, the last real draw WCW had, and then The Fingerpoke Of Doom, for chrissakes. It threw WCW's momentum off a cliff. He was arguably the worst booker that WCW ever had.

I'm pretty sure that using your intelligence to accomplish your goals isn't abusing it. Telling people what they want to hear is a sad fact of life.

And I've never heard him admit to his mistakes before.  I've heard him make excuses where his timeline conveniently skips large portions of time.  He just chuckles through his bullshit so people think he's charming 

I love me some Nash, but this is a blinding point actually.