DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Someone took a pic of an actor's bio in a stage program and it's, eh, kind of funny and sad at the same time.

BmVNr-2CYAA9VpK.png

Thank God for Liam Neeson movies bringing the diversity.

What's with all these terrorist characters on 8 PM network sitcoms? I mean, Reba? 7th Heaven??

Someone took a pic of an actor's bio in a stage program and it's, eh, kind of funny and sad at the same time.

BmVNr-2CYAA9VpK.png

Thank God for Liam Neeson movies bringing the diversity.

What's with all these terrorist characters on 8 PM network sitcoms? I mean, Reba? 7th Heaven??

Given the shows, isn't the answer fairly obvious?

• Like 1

Masterpiece Mystery announced their new line-up for Summer/Fall and it seems to have at least 2 shows I'll watch. First is The Escape Artist with David Tennant. Its a legal drama but I like Tennant just fine. I'm more excited for the second season of Endeavour. I watched the original pilot and 1st series on Netflix and found myself sucked in. I did this without EVER having watched Inspector Morse before.

Masterpiece Mystery still brings the good stuff now and then, though how many more Poirot/Miss Marple mysteries are left to do?

James

If it wasn't enough that Game of Thrones was balls to wall awesome, Silicon Valley and Veep were both fucking outstanding. Veep especially. That is, by far, the funniest show on TV.

If it wasn't enough that Game of Thrones was balls to wall awesome, Silicon Valley and Veep were both fucking outstanding. Veep especially. That is, by far, the funniest show on TV.

"Really makes you put your own problems in perspective."

"Yeah.  Well, your problems are still really bad, but...yeah."

Disney loads ABC Family up with shit with the intent to get Pat Robertson to terminate the contract that keeps 700 Club airing, which was a condition of selling of Fox Family to Disney.  Least that's what I think they're doing, since a Disney owned Network is pretty loaded up with historically un-Disney things.  But then again. Disney's much more progressive than they were under Eisner.

• Like 1

Disney loads ABC Family up with shit with the intent to get Pat Robertson to terminate the contract that keeps 700 Club airing, which was a condition of selling of Fox Family to Disney. Least that's what I think they're doing, since a Disney owned Network is pretty loaded up with historically un-Disney things. But then again. Disney's much more progressive than they were under Eisner.

That's actually a pretty good theory.

I think keeping the 700 club on was a condition when Robertson sold it to Fox, and then Disney inherited the albatross.

In all fairness how else would I have learned that back in the day Haiti made a deal with the devil?

• Like 1

I think keeping the 700 club on was a condition when Robertson sold it to Fox, and then Disney inherited the albatross.

In all fairness how else would I have learned that back in the day Haiti made a deal with the devil?

The random article button on Wikipedia

• Like 1