DVDVR Message Board

2014 RANDOM TV THOUGHTS

RIPPA

Did anyone else watch part one of The World Wars that the History Channel premiered last night?

MacArthur walking the battlefield, surrounded by troops with rifles while being unarmed and looking like an angry Vince McMahon was awesomely horrifying. The balls on that guy. Like wow. Then Lenin getting off the train was even scarier. It looked like the cover for The Exorcist or something. Just a bright light with a dark shadowy devil ready to kill.

Can't wait for part 2 tonight.

Bullshit. Young MacArthur looking like that crazed motherfucker that would walk towards you while you are shaking and pissing your pants because you are aiming a gun at him but can't shoot because you are scared that you couldn't kill him.

I hate how attractive I find Stalin. That evil, evil, evil monstrous little man. Ugh.

Part two opened up with a guy committing suicide. They be not fucking around with this mini-series.

Man, I can't get over how awesome the production is for The World Wars. The segment with Stalin watching a ballerina in a quiet theater while Poland is being crushed was too much. The actual clips are carefully sliced in.

Part 2 ends with the hours of morning before Pearl Harbor. The preview for tonight's finale includes Patton and MacArthur looking ready to shove some boots in people's asses. It's gonna be awesome. But also, the death camps. :(

The series isn't anything new if you are history junkie, but it's so exciting and compelling.

Would you say he was depicted as a shadowy Red devil?

What a terrible pun. It was more like one of those cool Taker WM entrance pictures that always pimp out.

Finally marathoned Arrow to get it off the DVR (I hadn't been keeping up since the Suicide Squad ep a few months ago).  Really dug season 2.  A little draggy in the middle, but the finishing run was outstanding.  Not the best show on tv, by any means, but it's damn fun and worlds better than Agents of Shield.

Realy looking forward to see where they go next season.  KIlling Moira and finding a purpose for Thea hopefully will eliminatyes the weakest part of the show.  Susannah Thompson is a great actress, but the Moira scenes were mostly ridiculous this season. 

Hopefully, Thea doesn't return as the big bad.  Not sure I can suspend disbelief that much.

So Bryan Cranston is being quoted that, long story short

Walter White might not be dead

I actually greatly disapprove of more Breaking Bad, even though I loved it. These things never work out. Why can't anything ever be over?

Do we really need Breaking Bad: Community Season 4 Edition?

That said, I'd watch it.

• Like 1

Finally marathoned Arrow to get it off the DVR (I hadn't been keeping up since the Suicide Squad ep a few months ago).  Really dug season 2.  A little draggy in the middle, but the finishing run was outstanding.  Not the best show on tv, by any means, but it's damn fun and worlds better than Agents of Shield.

Realy looking forward to see where they go next season.  KIlling Moira and finding a purpose for Thea hopefully will eliminatyes the weakest part of the show.

You say it eliminates the weakest part of the show, but I don't see how that would improve Laurel's character.

Susannah Thompson is a great actress, but the Moira scenes were mostly ridiculous this season.

Moira was almost an interesting character, but they were all over the place with her. And yes, it was preposterous for her to run for Mayor.

Hopefully, Thea doesn't return as the big bad.  Not sure I can suspend disbelief that much.

Yeah, that would be tough.

Speaking of tiny brunettes, I gotta say Summer Glau was underutilized. It seems her character is probably done (did she get offed? I forget), and they didn't really do much with her.

(BTW, we usually discuss Arrow in the DC Entertainment thread. I'll xpost this over there)