DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Somehow I just found out about Child of Light which comes out next week.  The trailers look damn good.  Hopefully it'll be worth the $14.99 they're charging for it.

Pay closer attention to my posts :)  I tossed up a link to a super-beautiful gameplay vid about a week ago.

Injustice: Gods Among Us will get a sequel:

Last year's Injustice: Gods Among Us took fans by storm, earning an Ultimate Edition and tablet port before the year was out. The game featured a huge roster of DC's most popular (and not so popular) characters, ranging from Superman and Batman to Killer Frost. At last week's WonderCon DC confirmed that after this fall's Batman: Arkham Knight is released, that they would be returning to the Injustice universe some time after 2014. No game studio is locked in to produce the game at the minute but developers NetherRealm are the likely candidates to return; no release date has been set but don't expect a release late this year, DC stated that the game would "not be a 2014 title".

Credit: comicbookmovie.com

Never played the game. Hope the characters get better designs next time around.

The season pass trailer for Watch Dogs.

I will need an address to the place where I need to send all of my money to..

Given my finances at the moment, this is another game that I will probably pick up after everyone is tired of it.

I'm upset that I'm too broke to pick up MLB The Show on Tuesday.

Harmonic are trying to Kickstarter a new Amplitude. They're a LONG way away from 775k, but they'll be getting a pledge from me.

Yeah, I saw that.  I don't remember the original game so won't be kickstarting this one - do these guys REALLY need cash after all the success from the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games?

I believe it's partly a matter of "That MTV money dried up when Rock Band 3 underperformed" and partly "This is a game with a hardcore but limited audience, and we can't afford to make it on spec but pre-sales might make it viable."

So, I have heard Bound By Flame referred to as the game Dragon Age 2 should've been aka all the RPG goodness without so many bugs and some reviews call this thing a rushed to market monstrosity..

Anyone played this thing yet?

So, I have heard Bound By Flame referred to as the game Dragon Age 2 should've been aka all the RPG goodness without so many bugs and some reviews call this thing a rushed to market monstrosity..

Well, except that you can only play the dudebro thing... :-p ;-)

Anyone played this thing yet?

Just curious, but where did you read anything positive about it besides that site?  I love those types of games but most of the reviews I have read aren't very complimentary, its current metascore is 55.  I will keep an eye on it, maybe it can be 'patched up' or something.

Lots of fun news today.  First we've got a PS4 gameplay trailer of Diablo III:

Then, there's roughly eleventy billion news stories on the upcoming UFC game including the first actual gameplay:

And, hey, Far Cry 4 is coming this year too.

Holy balls, I hope there are sliders for that UFC game. It looks amazing but that was a li'l too rock'em sock'em robots-esque for my liking. That was my one complaint about EA Sports MMA, it wasn't as bad as the THQ UFC games but still too quick and it was way too easy to pepper people with combinations.