DVDVR Message Board

UPCOMING VIDEO GAME RELEASES (2014 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Wait, so because I pre-ordered UFC from the Playstation store, I can't download the demo? Holy shit, am I never doing that again after this and The Show screw-ups.

Hmm?  Explain.  Pre-ordering it made the demo button disappear?

What happened with The Show?

Wait, so because I pre-ordered UFC from the Playstation store, I can't download the demo? Holy shit, am I never doing that again after this and The Show screw-ups.

Hmm? Explain. Pre-ordering it made the demo button disappear?

I'm guessing The Show issue was how crappy the digital launch went

Hmm?  Explain.  Pre-ordering it made the demo button disappear?

Precisely on the first front. It said "Purchased" rather than download the demo this morning. It's since been changed, I'm downloading it now.

The Playstation Store didn't have The Show available until the evening of release day when it's supposed to be up at midnight. I know, first world problems and all, but there isn't much point going digital when stuff like this seems to keep popping up. I may as well just pick up games from a shop, plus I can trade them in when I'm done with them (which I don't usually do, but PS4 games have decent trade-in value for the time being).

Not sure if you're aware but you can have only one system as your "primary" system with PS4.  But you can play any game you've purchased on any other system you logged on to.  Also any game you've purchased can be played by any other person on your "primary" system.  So if you have a good friend who also has a PS4, you can have your "primary" system be the one in their house and the one in your house be their "primary" system. 

So whatever you purchase from the playstation store can be played by your friend in their house because it's your primary system and you can also play it on his system in your house when you're logged on.  And vice versa.  So essentially games are half price for the two of you.  A definite advantage of going digital. 

You can't play the same game at the same time, can you? Interesting though. I kind of figured that when I was reading about it when I first got the machine. i wanted to lend a game to a friend but I don't know him that well and felt uncomfortable making his machine my primary one.

Are you guys talking about the PS4 version of the UFC demo? I don't see it on this week's PS3 update.

That's because there is no PS3 version of the game.  Next-gen only.

You can't play the same game at the same time, can you? Interesting though. I kind of figured that when I was reading about it when I first got the machine. i wanted to lend a game to a friend but I don't know him that well and felt uncomfortable making his machine my primary one.

Yeah, absolutely can play same game at the same time. It definitely has to be someone you trust though.

I might play it a little more this weekend, but the learning curve on EA UFC seems like it's going to be somewhat steep.

Also, I dislike that it decided to push more towards an Arcade Style fighter than a technical, realistic day in the octagon.

I wonder if there are sliders that will allow you to slow everything down to get a more realistic fight.

I'm getting a review copy of EA Sports UFC.  As with most titles nowadays it's a release day embargo, but is there any minutiae anyone wants me to try to look for that I might not think of myself?

I admit I am still intrigued by Inquisition but DA2 enraged me so that I never finished it and I really really don't have the time to go back and play that again.

I was so enraged by my DA2 experience on a friend's console that I never finished Origins and never owned DA2 for my own console..

I admit I am still intrigued by Inquisition but DA2 enraged me so that I never finished it and I really really don't have the time to go back and play that again.

I was so enraged by my DA2 experience on a friend's console that I never finished Origins and never owned DA2 for my own console..

I rented Origins ages ago and enjoyed it. I even bought it last year, but I have not touched it. I probably should play it before Inquisition.

Is DA2 still that unplayable that it's worth skipping altogether?

I rented Origins ages ago and enjoyed it. I even bought it last year, but I have not touched it. I probably should play it before Inquisition.

Is DA2 still that unplayable that it's worth skipping altogether?

It is just a much smaller, less involved game than Orgins, and everyone who loved Orgins just thought, "What the fuck is this shit?"  If it was called Random Fantasy Game it would have been much better receieved.  The story is fairly interesting, the gameplay is solid for what it is, and it is pretty fun, it just is less interesting, with lesser gameplay and less fun than Dragon Age Orgings.

Yeah - they patched the game but since it can't fix the saves that were infected by it - I would need to play the whole game over again to complete it.

Thus why I doubt I will