DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

I'm more interested in it that Tusk.

But I am confused how we went from "Can't find funding for Clerks III" -> "Makes Tusk for $3 million, turns a profit based on selling the rights before it opens" - "Still can't find funding for Clerks III" -> "Tusk opens poorly and drops quickly, basically a bomb" - "Here's some money, make Clerks III."

Yeah, you missed it, guys.

In the first movie when Mills is on the cell phone with the kidnapper after they take his daughter, Mills tells the Serb that no matter where he goes, he will find them and the kidnapper replies, "Good luck."

Now it is the reverse. Mills tells his pursuers "Good luck," when they say they will find him no matter where he goes.

Ah, ok. See, I never care much about the dialogue in any of the previous two Taken movies beyond the "I have a set of skills that allow me to fuck you up" or "I want you to listen to me carefully..." variety.

• Like 1

Forest Whittiker gives the "Everyone will hunt you and find you" Speech and Neeson gives the "Good Luck."

I beat you by a minute!

I was typing and didn't notice the new post notice.  Sniper.

Course, I hate the damn premise of this.  Cops happen to be called when Mills ex-wife he's still ok with is murdered and right off arrest him as prime suspect.  People *in* the CIA know that Mills has had 2 major run in's with Serb Slavers, and Whittiker is hunting him outright, along *with* the CIA?

Does not compute.

But I'll still watch it.

Forest Whittiker gives the "Everyone will hunt you and find you" Speech and Neeson gives the "Good Luck."

I beat you by a minute!

I was typing and didn't notice the new post notice.  Sniper.

Course, I hate the damn premise of this.  Cops happen to be called when Mills ex-wife he's still ok with is murdered and right off arrest him as prime suspect.  People *in* the CIA know that Mills has had 2 major run in's with Serb Slavers, and Whittiker is hunting him outright, along *with* the CIA?

Does not compute.

The movies are so Die Hard-esque in their escalating quality of opposition that it is hilarious.  Was not ever supposed to be computed.

If this new enemy is so dangerous and powerful and wants Mills dead, why isn't Mills dead already?

Don't ask questions.  Just enjoy the brain candy and smile.

The Tetris story is actually pretty interesting. There was a whole segment on it on that '90s documentary series that was on Discovery or one of those channels recently that was narrated by Rob Lowe (they did an '80s series too). Basically the guy who found out about it went to Russia on his own to meet the creator having almost no idea where or who he was and managed to pull it off, they became good friends and he brought Tetris to the states where it blew up.