DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Football Thread 2013

Kevin Wilson

Alright, if this is going to be the generic fantasy thread, I need some advice. In a dynasty league I'm in, I've been offered Corderelle Patterson for Antonio Brown. I'm pretty deep at receiver with Demaryius Thomas, Hakeem Nicks, Desean Jackson and Denarius Moore (who might suck now). I think I can afford to sit on Patterson for a year if he does develop, but I think that Brown is going to have a huge year and I'm petrified of Nicks and DJax getting hurt and not having anyone to cover. Conversely, even though they say Patterson has superstar potential, he does have noodle-arm Ponder as his QB.

Thoughts?

Rippa, since you are a mod and have the power to rage ban your week one fantasy opponent, I feel obliged to tell you that you currently have Josh Gordon in your line up even though he is suspended.

That draft was long. Good luck gentlemen!

Do not do Brown for Patterson. Brown may not have a susperstar ceiling, but should finish in the 20 at WR in any format and in the 10-15 range in PPR leagues. Patterson is stuck in a crap situation, and I believe has a reputation for not consistently giving his best effort. No guarantee that he ever ranks as high as Brown has the past couple of years and should finish this year.

So, here's a question. 12-team Keeper league. Starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/RB flex, 1 D, 1 K. Scoring is basically Yahoo standard with some minor modifications.

My keepers are Calvin Johnson, Jones-Drew, Ridley and Nicks. I've been offered Marshawn Lynch and the 3rd pick in the 2nd round for Calvin Johnson and the 11th pick in that round. It clears up a bye week issue with Johnson/Nicks, and does leave me set at RB, but obviously weakens me at WR. I have the 2nd pick in the first round, and will likely spend it on one of these four who have all been dropped:

Frank Gore

Tom Brady

Randall Cobb

DeMarco Murray

Does the deal seem like a good one?

I felt I had a good draft (managed to get Brady, Flacco, and Schaub w/Peterson, Gore, Rice, Decker & Welker) outside the incredible brainfart of drafting Heath Miller as my starting TE. But I have Martellus Bennett as my backup.

Not that it has to do with the DVDVR leagues, but NFL.com has the worst possible fantasy football site ever.

First of all, after drafting on my phone on Yahoo, ESPN, etc. I just assume that NFL.com would have it for it's mobile app also.  Wrong!

Second, they have the worst fucking autodrafting formula ever.  I ended up with a defense in the 4th round and a kicker in the 5th, despite pre-ranking and not putting a single one in my top 200.

I mean it's my own fault for not checking to see if this would all work before the draft, but it still sucks.

Second, they have the worst fucking autodrafting formula ever.  I ended up with a defense in the 4th round and a kicker in the 5th, despite pre-ranking and not putting a single one in my top 200.

I think Yahoo does that too, sometimes. It's always hilarious when autodraft gives someone a defense in the sixth round.

Just finished my last Auction. Love my lineup

QB: Cam Newton, Robert Griffitn III, Matthew Stafford

RB: Doug Martin, Jamaal Charles, Arian Foster, Monte Ball, Giovani Bernard

WR:Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, Steve Johnson, T.Y. Hilton, Mike Williams

TE:Jordan Cameron

DEF: Bengals

K: Dawson

I already have a "Stafford for Tony Gonzalez" trade agreed to as well. Looking good.

Just did a draft on yahoo the other day 10 teams with a $30 buy in

QB Peyton ManningWR Calvin JohnsonWR James JonesRB Frank GoreRB Stevan RidleyTE Kyle RudolphFlex - Eric DeckerBN Eddie lacyBN Mike WallaceBN Mike WilliamsBN Josh FreemanBN Fred JacksonBN Robert WoodsK Phil DawsonDef - 49ersAfter the draft I traded Eddie Lacy & Mike Wallace for Doug martin