DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Football Thread 2013

Kevin Wilson

8. Would it make you feel better if I told you my QB/WR's are Peyton Manning, AJ Green, and Demariyus Thomas?

It was a weird draft. everyone had 200 dollars to fill up 16 spots, and someone spends 185 and Adrian Peterson from the get go, 2 people leave and the autobid screwed them right over. One team spent no more then 10 bucks on anyone and ended up with 4 QB's, and another one got Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowski, and Jason Witten. It more or less turned it into a 5 person draft.

I got Doug Martin for 41, Alfred Morris for 38, and LeSean McCoy for 29, so basically half my budget for 3 top flight RB's. I then got Drew Brees for 28, got Demariyus Thomas for a steal at 17, and then won Peyton Manning almost by accident for 19. The value was just too good to let go. I tossed on David Wilson for 13 (this was pre Brown injury), Steve Smith for 7, and filled out the rest of my team with 1 dollar players... though the 1 dollar players I got were shockingly good, even for an 8. Giovani Bernard, Cecil Shorts, Jared Cook, and Mike Williams all found there way into my "just in case" bin

Before the draft even ended, I had worked out a deal to shore up my iffy WR spot: Drew Brees and Steve Smith for AJ Green and Steven Ridley. Once that deal was done, my team was set... and then the Andre Brown injury happend, and my RB depth went from "really really strong" to "disgusting"

HEY!

Remember when AP wasn't drafted first in the DVDVR cash league?

Yeah... good times

EDIT - Oh and he had a receiving TD too!

Man that sure would have been helpful in a PPR league... Oh wait...

• Like 1

Well, having Randall Cobb and Vernon Davis really bailed me out after Marshawn Lynch and Trent Richardson did nothing. I'm down 5.5 points and I have Michael Vick and Desean Jackson, while my opponent has Alfred Morris. I'm thinking I should be able to win this...

So the league I mentioned in the other NFL thread that has a $100 buy-in is an 8 team, 2 qb, 2 rb, 2 wr, 2 te, 1 k, 1 def, 1 flex league. I had the third pick in the draft and luckily the two people in front of me went chalk and picked Brees and AP. I made the obvious pick and took Manning since he has more weapons on offense than any other QB has in the league, and Denver is running a fast paced offense. My team wound up being:

QB1: Peyton Manning

QB2: Josh Freeman

RB1: Alfred Morris

RB2: Steven Jackson

WR1: Damaryius Thomas

WR2: Larry Fitzgerald

TE1: GRONK (obviously on the bench for now)

TE2: Martellus Bennett

Flex: Reggie Wayne

Def: Houston

K: Vinatieri

On my bench I have:

Tyler Eifert (starting in place of Gronk)

Ryan Matthews

Steve Smith

DeAngelo Williams

DeSean Jackson

Matt Schaub

Falcons D

I'm feeling pretty good.

HEY!Remember when AP wasn't drafted first in the DVDVR cash league?Yeah... good timesEDIT - Oh and he had a receiving TD too!Man that sure would have been helpful in a PPR league... Oh wait...

To be fair, take out that one run and AD was pretty average on Sunday.  The season is young :)

Rippa, I would just ban the three people who passed on him out of spite. I don't know for sure, but I think one of them was Gonzalez.

I was one of the three that passed on him, but I took Shady McCoy and am quite happy with the pick. :D

Are you guy's reading these amazing recaps of the games on Yahoo? IT's like this crazy madlibs deal that talks about the decisions owners could have done to change the games. It's hilarious. Like this headline for the Biggest Blow Out:

Mason's Team Blows Up Free Pizza for Life, Emerges as an Early Favorite

Yeah they added those last year I think. I would like mine more this year if anything had gone right through two weeks. But instead mine reads "Chris Knight's Team beats The Faces of Fear".

I am trapped in a random WCW Saturday Night episode. I thought for sure Meng as my mascot would be good luck. :-(

Are you guy's reading these amazing recaps of the games on Yahoo? IT's like this crazy madlibs deal that talks about the decisions owners could have done to change the games. It's hilarious. Like this headline for the Biggest Blow Out:

Mason's Team Blows Up Free Pizza for Life, Emerges as an Early Favorite

CBS added them this year as well, they're great.

I feel like I'm not getting enough respect from the weekly recaps. I'm going to prove those assholes that graded my draft a C+ and that I'd only win 4 games WRONG.

Feeling decent about my matchup. My opponent's running back is Eddie Lacy who I doubt plays this week, and the only RB he has on his bench to fill the spot is on IR.

• 2 weeks later...