DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Apparently the Niners were the other team trying to trade for him.

I guess in both cases they were thinking Pryor is a guy who could run their current offense without having to change it up to much.

Of course - they could have just been trying to block the other... which seems like Terrell Pryor is a weird person to have that fight over

I guess in both cases they were thinking Pryor is a guy who could run their current offense without having to change it up to much.

Of course - they could have just been trying to block the other... which seems like Terrell Pryor is a weird person to have that fight over

Yeah.  I clearly needed a moment after hearing the Raiders were able to get something out of Pryor.

Oh yeah.  That's the stuff.

Of course, I am sure I will now hear all about how Pete Carroll is a genius and Pryor does not suck.  Yeah.  Keep rolling with that, people.

When arms races heat up, both sides can do things that don't make much sense to neutrals. I guess the closest real life equivalent would be the central american wars in the cold war, or how all the colonial powers gobbled up every corner of africa, even those without natural resources. . .

Is this the first time they're doing a whole TV special (non-NFL Network) surrounding the schedule's release?   

Just seems....  gratuitous.  

PEW PEW PEW....  LASERS... GRAPHICS... MUSIC!!!!

ST. LOUIS AT JACKSONVILLE

OCTOBER 26TH!!!

PEW PEW PEW!!!!!

Is this the first time they're doing a whole TV special (non-NFL Network) surrounding the schedule's release?

Just seems.... gratuitous.

PEW PEW PEW.... LASERS... GRAPHICS... MUSIC!!!!

ST. LOUIS AT JACKSONVILLE

OCTOBER 26TH!!!

PEW PEW PEW!!!!!

No ESPN does one every year but it's usually the week or two before the draft so it gets a little lost in the sufle

Apparently flex scheduling will start in Week 5 this year. The league can flex 2 games (total) between Weeks 5 and 10, and Week 11 and after can be every week like it's always been.

Also, games can be flexed between FOX and CBS.

That second one is the bigger change - because now it means that like Cowboys/Giants could theoretically be called by Nantz and Simms and I will cry