DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 16

Dolfan in NYC

zd343E4.jpg

Which one of you made your kid write this?

QUIT TYPING "THAD" WITHOUT ADDING "THE" IN FRONT OF IT. It fucks with my mind and makes me think he isn't worthy of all caps for a first name.

And I am up for a name bet. I like feeling important sometimes. :P

When was the last time there wasn't a Saturday regular season game?  This is the first season I can remember.

I think it all has to do when Christmas falls. So this year, with it being on Wednesday it doesn't really benefit them to play a Saturday game.

And they really have gotten away from Week 17 Saturday games to - in theory - not give a team an unfair advantage of going into the playoffs of an extra day off.

If we're going back twenty years the niners still have one to Seattle's 0. You see, Seattle has 0 and it will always be this way, I just thought they'd be used to it by now.

We'll see about that in a few more weeks. The road to the Superbowl's gonna run through Seattle. Last time that happened, we went all the way. 

Would've won the Superbowl too if not for the bullshit calls the refs made.

• Like 1

When was the last time there wasn't a Saturday regular season game? This is the first season I can remember.

I think it all has to do when Christmas falls. So this year, with it being on Wednesday it doesn't really benefit them to play a Saturday game.

And they really have gotten away from Week 17 Saturday games to - in theory - not give a team an unfair advantage of going into the playoffs of an extra day off.

Also when the college season ends which has moved deeper into November/early December in recent years

If we're going back twenty years the niners still have one to Seattle's 0. You see, Seattle has 0 and it will always be this way, I just thought they'd be used to it by now.

We'll see about that in a few more weeks. The road to the Superbowl's gonna run through Seattle. Last time that happened, we went all the way. 

I'll give you that. The officiating was terrible. Of course, I was hammered during this game so I may not be remembering everything that happened.

That was also probably the dullest Super Bowl that I've ever watched. Two bad offenses and it wasn't even like it was an exciting defensive game either, just both teams being generally incompetent. If it's going to be a bad Super Bowl, at least have the decency to have some ridiculous score like Oakland/Tampa or San Francisco/San Diego

I don't think it would have the same effect on me if I re-watched it, but I remember really enjoying NY/NE I live. There was this building feeling from the very 1st quarter that things weren't going to go the way it was expected.

What I do remember most vividly about going into that game was that I almost wrote something on this board about how the Giants had the best built defense to maybe contain the Pats offense, but I never wrote it because of the way the Pats had lit them up anyway at the end of the regular season, and I didn't have the balls to go out on a limb and say the Giants would keep it low scoring.  That whole "able to drop 7 in coverage and still get pressure" thing.

Of course, 3 years later, I did go out on a limb and predict the Pats would blow the Giants out by 30+ in the rematch, so... 

I'll give you that. The officiating was terrible. Of course, I was hammered during this game so I may not be remembering everything that happened.

All you gotta know about that game is that Matt Hasselbeck got a personal foul for w low block... on a tackle.