DVDVR Message Board

WCW C-SHOWS MEMORIES

RIPPA

I'm thinking that WCW ran that spot first with the Outsiders in 96 though

I know they attempted it, I just don't think they were ever successful like the Outlaws were with it. I remember the 3 way with the Nasties and Faces of Fear. The Outsiders definitely attempted it there.

WWF did it at the Raw Bowl earlier in the year.

Very very slight memory, but was that in a joke spot?

Not really. Billy and Bart both got tagged in, did a few reversals of basic holds with each other and then tagged out.

I don't know why but as a kid I loved that match

• 2 weeks later...

Bobby and Tony must have been high during this telecast. Listen to the exchange they had during the Rey/Psychosis match when Psychosis put on the Sleeper. Worst display of forced laugter in WCW history. Weird finish to that match too. Rey didn't know what chill meant back then looking at that apron frankensteiner he pulled off at a WORLDWIDE TAPING. Chill out Rey.

That was a lot of fun. They got a ton of shit in for a 4 minute match. I was hoping they had a longer match but Wrestling Data says they only met up one other time, that being in WWF in '96 with Smothers working as Freddie Joe Floyd the enhancement guy. Shyit.

not really that often from my experience watching. it happens a handful of times, but its not a weekly occurance or anything.

on the other hand, when Eddie Guerrero gets injured in '97, they show an Eddie match and say that he thinks he's ready to be back and just testing out his shoulder. He wins, and Schiavone says that he'll probably have to take some more time off to fully heal.

That's a pretty damn cool team, the Enforcer and the Taskmaster. I don't know how it would've actually ended up happening, but if Arn and Kevin teamed around the time of When Worlds Collide, I'm pretty sure we might've gotten an awesome, albeit brief tag title run out of it.

• 2 weeks later...