DVDVR Message Board

April 2024 Wrestling Talk

19 minutes ago, Log said:

Not 100% sure, but I believe the Knuckles stuff was after Ian had effectively been run out of Kentucky and was only running in Indiana.

Thanks man I had a feeling I was bungling the timeline

• Like 1

Necro Butcher is hospitalised in Japan, he has a shattered hip. There's a GoFundMe that's being organised by Jasmin St Claire (yes, the pr0n actress from the 90s) for him.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, AxB said:

Necro Butcher is hospitalised in Japan, he has a shattered hip. There's a GoFundMe that's being organised by Jasmin St Claire (yes, the pr0n actress from the 90s) for him.

Gives me flashbacks to my youth that fuckin Necro Butcher and Mad Man Pondo are doing tag team deathmatches in Japan. Wrestlers never retire, they just get too broken or too old.

• Like 1

So the story of how Darby Allin came to be hit by a bus came out. He saw Raymond Pettibon about to be hit by a bus, and ran in and and took the hit for him.

https://vxtwitter.com/DrainBamager/status/1785338829404016873

Yes, the Raymond Pettibon.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raymond_Pettibon

He who designed the Black Flag logo, amongst lots of other things.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Shit. I thought you were talking about Jasmin St. Claire, the famed neurosurgeon.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

6 hours ago, dragonzombie said:

From Fightful Select

NXT Superstar Scrypts contract is expiring at the start of June.

Has there been many instances where a a developmental level guy has able to get himself potential bookings months before his contract is up? 

I actually like the OTM and I thought he was good in his role. I know some people said it was a stretch to buy into him as a street guy because of his past gimmick but he had a few people on Twitter say had some legit street credibility so take it for what you will.

He seems be taking wrestling seriously for someone with no wrestling background and I think he has the potential to be decent atleast.

• Like 1

I knew the guy's name was pronounced "Scripts" but had no idea it was spelled with a Y.  I saw some other NXT names recently and there were A LOT of Ys where there should have been "I."  Shawn's really feeling his 80s rock, Wyld Stallyns shit.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Has there been many instances where a a developmental level guy has able to get himself potential bookings months before his contract is up? 

I actually like the OTM and I thought he was good in his role. I know some people said it was a stretch to buy into him as a street guy because of his past gimmick but he had a few people on Twitter say had some legit street credibility so take it for what you will.

He seems be taking wrestling seriously for someone with no wrestling background and I think he has the potential to be decent atleast.

Despite his time in NXT, I would imagine he's still better known for his stuff on the main roster.

He's been a good mouth piece for OTM and he's developed into a solid wrestler. I look forward to him doing interviews and revealing the origin of the Scrypts's costume.

Honestly the first thought that came to mind with his release was "main roster money on a development timeline."

It's really too bad that this article didn't hit before WrestleMania: https://www.thewrap.com/dwayne-johnson-red-one-late-budget-problems/

One question: Why a Voss water bottle? Wider neck? Does it hold more piss? Trust me, this question makes sense in context.

• Haha 1

Loving all the state commission  talk.

Down this way,LA/MS/AL, it aint too bad.

MS to be a ref or wrestler gotta have a license.Pay a fee each year and you are good. Suppose to also be 18.There is never anyone from the Commission at shows so rules are never really enforced.

AL is pretty much  like MS.

LA is the state with so many restrictions. Until a few months ago there was two types of promoters licenses in  LA.

Type A which is what WWE uses when in the state  ,TNA,ROH,AEW and WILDKAT SPORTS had. With this you can have crowds over 400,must have at least an EMT at the venue. And these shows do not have the Piledriver banned.

Type B is for smaller indies. You are topped out at 400 in the crowd. Must have some  thing sectioning off the ringside area from front row of crowd. Most indies use string and 4 or 6 posts. No need for an EMT but must have at least 3 security on hand. And no Piledrivers.  No fighting in the crowd. So smaller indies will have the guys fight in the area behind the crowd and infront of the gimmick tables. 

In LA to wrestle/ref/manager you gotta have a license. Which required bloodwork done  i think 3 times a year. And pay a fee. 

Now few months ago every promoter in LA was called ot a meeting. 1 or 2 members of the Atheletic commission quit/got fired. Supposedly lots of stuff is changing.

• Thanks 1