DVDVR Message Board

2024 NCAAB - MADNESS

Dolfan in NYC

Yale making things hard for Auburn and just took the lead on a 3.     We need a live shot of Barkley at the studio because he can't be happy

For an Ivy League school, Yale played one of the dumbest last 15 seconds in a long time.  Luckily for them Auburn couldn't shoot the foul shots to win.  

Edited by hammerva

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

didn't know that they could have a college basketball game with both teams over 100 points these days

How I long for the days of Loyola Marymount vs Michigan. 

In the "nothing beats a good college rivalry" category, around 8 to 9 thousand pieces of Oakland University merch has been to sold in the last couple days.  To the city of Louisville 😆

• Haha 3

Spoiler: they accidentally learned "Boomer Sooner" but no one noticed the difference.

I love that the Idaho band has a banjo player. There's "on brand" and then there's that.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hammerva said:

In the "nothing beats a good college rivalry" category, around 8 to 9 thousand pieces of Oakland University merch has been to sold in the last couple days.  To the city of Louisville 😆

But just moments after their great triumph joy turned to despair as the university announced it would soon be moving to Las Vegas.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Meanwhile on the women's side off court, Kim Mulkey of LSU took time in her pre game press conference dismissing a story about her in the Washington Post.  When you have a two page response in a press conference for an article not even out, some crazy shit must be coming in this article 

Edited by hammerva

Another good basketball day, only one upset based on seeding (barely) but can't complain about two OT games. Course it is the late game that goes to 2OT, wonder how many casual watchers tapped out before the conclusion.

I was at work so I didn't see it, did Oregon just flat out run out of gas in the second overtime? Have a bunch of players foul out?

60 of Oregon's 73 points came from 2 players. So you have one non-starter who played 42:58 with 0 points, 1 rebound, 3 fouls, and 2 missed shots to go along with the starting center playing 48:25 with 28 points and 20 rebounds. They had a starter play 38 minutes without scoring (3 missed shots and 5 rebounds).

10 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

at the risk of guessing, the Mulkey thing and her response has to be something where she's gonna be accused of using a bunch of racial slurs or something, isn't it?

There's apparently a bunch from former assistants. I imagine there will be stuff trashing her for how she handled the Britney Griner legal stuff along a myriad of stories detailing her as an arrogant POS. 

I thought her quotes from the press conference were hilarious. She simultaneously complained about not having time to respond while also saying she'd been refusing to talk to the journalist for two years. 

She's a piece of garbage so I'm eagerly awaiting the article. 

56 minutes ago, Tabe said:

There's apparently a bunch from former assistants. I imagine there will be stuff trashing her for how she handled the Britney Griner legal stuff along a myriad of stories detailing her as an arrogant POS. 

I thought her quotes from the press conference were hilarious. She simultaneously complained about not having time to respond while also saying she'd been refusing to talk to the journalist for two years. 

She's a piece of garbage so I'm eagerly awaiting the article. 

I know former players in the past have said she told them to hide their sexuality if they weren't straight. Wouldn't be surprised if that's part of this.

7 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Another good basketball day, only one upset based on seeding (barely) but can't complain about two OT games. Course it is the late game that goes to 2OT, wonder how many casual watchers tapped out before the conclusion.

I have never understood the scheduling of 2nd round games.  Always just one game at 1 and 3.  You have half the games of a day in night 1 and most of the time finishes later

• Like 1

To the Pittsburghs, St Johnnies and Oklahomas of the world: this is how you REALLY protest getting snubbed by the NCAA. Sycamores are now 31-6 after taking out SMU, Minnesota and Cincy and they will send half of Terre Haute to Hinkle for the NIT.

• Like 1

Must have been watching too many Britpop videos recently because I'm watching Robbie Avila and thinking "What if Jarvis Cocker of Pulp was a center?"

Edited by lostinube
Seriously? Blur? Wth?
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1