DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 2/26 - 3/3/2024 - Saving Private McIntyre

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Is a multi-man match how they get the belt off Gunther without him getting pinned to lose it? 

This is what I was thinking. Gunther loses the belt but doesn't get pinned or submitted. And the perfect foil for Cody if he walks out of Mania as the Champion. 

• Like 1

Dug Kelani/Kiana. The two had solid chemistry and busted out some neat things. 

Good Brothers vs. Blade/Enofe was a decent showcase for the latter before the Magic Killer ended things.

Roxanne/Jakara was decent. Was nice to see Jackson on her own in the ring. Feels like we haven't really gotten a decent idea of what she is capable of in her tags with Lash.

Dijak/Luca was surprisingly decent. This was easily the best Luca has looked in NXT.

Lyra & Tatum getting to challenge for the tag titles feels a bit too random for my tastes on the win/loss side, but I also don't hate it since it should be good. The Ridge Interruption and return of Spears was a surprise. Not really into it, but I have never been super fond of Spears. 

King/Wagner was fine.

Gigi/Jaida was better than expected. Feels like Gigi has finally started to improve the last couple of months which makes her loss here a bit annoying. Jaida has potential but not enough to justify beating Gigi here. Not entirely sure of where things are going with Grace's interference here, but I continue to enjoy her ridiculousness. 

Dar/Dempsey was good. Loved all the mat and hold work and the falls were done. This felt like the best Heritage Cup match in a while from a style standpoint. Only wish it went one round more. Glad to see Dempsey take home the win. I would like to see Dar move on to the NA or NXT title, maybe let Oro aim for the Heritage Cup.

The final segment with Melo and Ilja was going well enough and then turned a little higher with Tony D coming out and throwing a wrench in Melo's plans. Melo still finding a way to be the last man standing at the end was neat and the right call. Will be interesting to see how things go next week. 

Matches were mostly decent if nothing special though I thought the Heritage Cup match was MOTN and well worth catching. Decent show. I like the Roadblock card. Still not sure how things go for Stand and Deliver.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Is Dragon Lee injured or have I just blanked on him lately?

He hasn't been seen or mentioned since he lost the rematch with Oba Femi at V-Day, and if he's injured I haven't heard about it. I've been wondering what happened too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

Carlito and Escobar disappeared for a month too, they're back and having a street fight tonight apparently

They have appeared in segments and Zelina's matches.

I would think that the video that the Rock just posted would be on Smackdown and treated as a big deal.  But it is 15 minutes long.  I haven't heard it but I assume about 10 of that 15 minutes is him doing what he did on Smackdown 2 weeks ago.   

That Rock promo was perfect and pretty much established everything anyone needs to know about the story and where we are. It's the perfect onboard for anyone wondering what all the fuss is about.

The bad news(or great news depending) is that Seth Rollins got bodied again. That bit about the Netflix meeting and how no one was wondering if Seth Rollins was going to be champion was brutal.

I think what's best about the Rock's POV is that, even though he's saying facts, it still only takes a little thought by anyone to see why he's still a douchebag in this.

I honestly can't tell if Cody Rhodes wins the title now. He should. But you could MAYBE get away with having him lose again if it means The Rock plays An Evil Authority Figure until next Wrestlemania and Cody is his Steve Austin.

I knew Dakota Kai would betray her friend Bayley.

I'm glad Bron Breakker shaved the crap off his face. Very short squash.

Thank you for watching Ruthless Aggression WCW Smackdown is Stardom.