DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XIV - 2/24/2024

Did you know, Perth is the most remote large city in the world. Adelaide is 2100km (that's 1307 mi.) away, which makes me wonder... why would anyone ever go there? 

Anyway, with the time change, the show will begin at 11AM in the UK, 5AM Eastern and 2AM Pacific in the US!  Hope you enjoy watching the replay! 

THE CARD~

FOR THE WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Nia Jax

FOR THE UNDISPUTED TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Judgement Day (Balor / Priest) vs. Tyler Bate & Pete Dunne

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Becky Lynch vs. Bianca Belair vs. Liv Morgan vs. Naomi vs. Tiffany Stratton vs. Raquel Rodriguez

ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH FOR THE #1 CONTENDERSHIP TO THE MEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP - Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton  vs. Bobby Lashley vs. LA Knight vs. Kevin Owens vs. Logan Paul

* FOR THE WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - The Kabuki Warriors (Asuka / Sane, c) vs. The Way (LaRae / Hartwell)

The Grayson Waller Effect Segment, featuring Cody Rhodes & World Champion Seth F. Rollins

--

* - Pre-show match

• Like 1

Refreshing getting a show at a great time in the UK compared to:

• WWE RAW: 1am-4:15am Tuesday UK time.
  • WWE NXT: 1am-3am Wednesday UK time.
  • AEW Dynamite: 1am-3am Thursday UK time.
  • WWE Smackdown: 1am-3am Saturday UK time.
  • AEW Rampage: 3am-4am Saturday UK time.
  • AEW Collison: 1am-3am Sunday UK time.
  • WWE PPV: 1am-4am Sunday UK time.
  • AEW PPV: 1am-5am Sunday UK time.
  • UFC PPV: 3am-6am Sunday UK time.
  • WWE PPV: 1am-4am Monday UK time.
  • AEW PPV: 1am-5am Monday UK time.

You have to be hardcore/insane to do this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

an image has allegedly leaked on the wwe website of the women's EC participants:

Hide contents

Liv, Naomi, Jade, Becky, Bianca, Tiffany

which, although somewhat predictable, would probably be quite good.

Seems odd to have Jade in since she'll obviously have to take a pinfall but they could have Bianca screw her somehow and set up a Mania match from there.

2 hours ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Seems odd to have Jade in since she'll obviously have to take a pinfall but they could have Bianca screw her somehow and set up a Mania match from there.

Jade hits Bianca with Jaded.  As she leans back and somewhat bridges for the pin, then everyone piles on both of them for the double pin.

• Like 2

I was wondering if they might try and build a Mania match with Nia after the Rumble elimination. Jade doing an Ultimate Warrior squash on her would get her a showcase match on the card without taking up too much time.

I recognize that the current spirit of the booking is against making fans really unhappy, but I still have this feeling that Becky and Rhea could cost each other their matches at EC, let someone else beat Nia at Mania and run Becky/Rhea without the title involved.

• Like 1

I would like to see a one-on-one women's singles match at WrestleMania without a title involved, but I very much want a women's title bout between Rhea and Becky. That's a potential classic, generational match. They are already giving it the build worthy of a WrestleMania match that Ripley vs. Charlotte never had, and they wrestled each other at WrestleMania twice.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I would like to see a one-on-one women's singles match at WrestleMania without a title involved, but I very much want a women's title bout between Rhea and Becky. That's a potential classic, generational match. They are already giving it the build worthy of a WrestleMania match that Ripley vs. Charlotte never had, and they wrestled each other at WrestleMania twice.

You've reminded me of Charlotte Flair's WrestleMania history of winning some matches she should have lost:

Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch, WrestleMania XXXII. Sasha Banks should have won.

Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka, WrestleMania XXXIV. Asuka should have won.

Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley. WrestleMania XXXVI. Rhea Ripley should have won.

Sasha and Rhea were the worst two.

Looking forward to Rhea Ripley vs. Becky Lynch.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Iron Moose said:

I recognize that the current spirit of the booking is against making fans really unhappy, but I still have this feeling that Becky and Rhea could cost each other their matches at EC, let someone else beat Nia at Mania and run Becky/Rhea without the title involved.

That would make no sense of whatsoever.

51 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I would like to see a one-on-one women's singles match at WrestleMania without a title involved

Would be surprised if we don't get Jade/Bianca at Wrestlemania. I think had Charlotte not been injured it would have been her vs. Jade.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, The Natural said:

You've reminded me of Charlotte Flair's WrestleMania history of winning some matches she should have lost:

Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Becky Lynch, WrestleMania XXXII. Sasha Banks should have won.

Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka, WrestleMania XXXIV. Asuka should have won.

Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley. WrestleMania XXXVI. Rhea Ripley should have won.

Sasha and Rhea were the worst two.

Looking forward to Rhea Ripley vs. Becky Lynch.

Charlotte shouldn't have even been in the WrestleMania 35 main event. That was Becky and Ronda's match, and we never got the opportunity to see Ronda vs. Becky one-on-one again after that. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Charlotte shouldn't have even been in the WrestleMania 35 main event. That was Becky and Ronda's match, and we never got the opportunity to see Ronda vs. Becky one-on-one again after that. 

Agreed.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

If I had to guess, I think Vince was roughly panicked (as much as he gets) and did it for at least two reasons:

1) He didn't think Becky/Ronda was big enough on their own and felt he needed to add a big star.

2) She got added because he didn't want her jumping ship to Japan, or worse, Jacksonville.

Not that I agree with either assessment...

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

If I had to guess, I think Vince was roughly panicked (as much as he gets) and did it for at least two reasons:

1) He didn't think Becky/Ronda was big enough on their own and felt he needed to add a big star.

2) She got added because he didn't want her jumping ship to Japan, or worse, Jacksonville.

Not that I agree with either assessment...

I recall rumors from Dave Meltzer that Charlotte Flair was promised that slot or something, and considering many of Vince's broken promises and failed favors over the years, I wonder why he was so adamant about supposed promises to Charlotte about main eventing WrestleMania. So maybe there was a genuine fear she'd leave or some such. Also, I think if you look at history, she's clearly Vince's type.

Looks like those kooky girls from Damage CTRL snuck onto the plane!   So they've been added to the show, defending the women's tag straps against The Way (Indi Hartwell & Candace LaRae)

• Like 3