DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Its a bad morning for Brian Johnson as the Eagles have fired him

So its clear Nick Sirianni is keeping his job but everyone else is getting blown out

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Its a bad morning for Brian Johnson as the Eagles have fired him

So its clear Nick Sirianni is keeping his job but everyone else is getting blown out

an important step in the traditional Scapegoat Sequence.

first cut certain players, then fire assistant coaches, then head coach, then GM, then Tough Shit Because There's Nothing You Can Do When The Owner's The Problem [see Carolina]

• Like 2

Ian Rapoport is Xing (Xeeting?) that the Raiders are close to signing former Chargers GM Tom Telesco to be the Raiders new GM.

Telesco was fired by the Chargers after the Raiders 63-21 over the Chargers in December of 2024.

I really can't imagine Mark Davis' mindset with a hiring like that.

You just made Antonio Pierce HC, how can you fuck up all that.

One step up, two steps back.

(Sorry, but I was unable to figure out how to embed the Rapoport post. If someone wants to come by and set the clock on my VCR, I'll be home after 5pm.)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

PFT is reporting that Pete Carroll is trying to throw his hat in the ring for the Chargers job

Aw, that's cute, Pete. You have no chance. 

Miami and Vic Fangio have "mutually agreed" to part ways

Fangio supposedly is Philly's top choice to be DC so that might explain that

Yeah, that makes sense.  There were a LOT of injuries, especially at the end, but getting the doors blown off them in three consecutive games, and massively fucking up that Tennessee loss was enough.   

Especially with the rumbles of 'anonymous players' who he had alienated over the course of the season.  

Such a shame because a lot of the players did a LOT better under him.  Guess we'll see who's next up.  

19 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Fangio supposedly is Philly's top choice to be DC so that might explain that

This deal is done.  He's signing with the Eagles today.  

Half of Dolphins Twitter is trying to get Brandon Staley to come to Miami as the new DC.      Partially because Staley ❤️ Ramsey.  

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Hey I wonder if the Panthers ownership makes some coaching candidates not want to bother with Carolina

On the one hand, it is 1/32 jobs and being paid for 5 years and working less than 2 isn't the worst gig, on the other if its your only chance, you'd want a better one. . .

44 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

On the one hand, it is 1/32 jobs and being paid for 5 years and working less than 2 isn't the worst gig, on the other if its your only chance, you'd want a better one. . .

Well, don't forget that Rhule is suing Carolina due to not paying him what he says he is owed after no longer coaching there. So potential coaches see that too, really there was nothing positive about that job.

• Like 2