DVDVR Message Board

2024 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

DADDIO

Starring Dakota Johnson and Sean Penn

This actually debuted last autumn on the film festival circuit, it gets a wider release this summer.

19 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Speaking of "right there" ideas, what about a film about the break-up of the Beatles? Drama, tension, pathos. Everyone wants to kill Yoko. John loses it and goes on a bender for the ages. McCartney has to start a new band. Whatever the other two do. There's a lot there, building up to John getting shot, and there you go. ONE movie, maybe throw in some flashbacks to early days... it writes itself. 

Paul and Ringo refuse to allow Let It Be to be re-released because they don't like how it portrayed the band as not getting along, there's no chance in hell they, or Yoko, or Olivia Harrison, would sign off on it, so then you would probably not be able to get the rights to the music, and nobody wants a Beatles biopic with no Beatles music.

*Looks side eyed at Nowhere Boy*

13 hours ago, driver said:

I'm not familiar with the games so the trailer looks fine to me. Even better if its an enjoyable dumpster fire.

This is the same way my wife felt who only knows of the game because she knows I play it but nothing else 

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Watching movie Ringo and Barabara Bach film Caveman would be funny 

I watched Caveman at a drive-in on a double bill with The Blues Brothers in '80 or so(while sitting in a Pinto).

• Like 3

On 2/22/2024 at 2:49 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Paul and Ringo refuse to allow Let It Be to be re-released because they don't like how it portrayed the band as not getting along, there's no chance in hell they, or Yoko, or Olivia Harrison, would sign off on it, so then you would probably not be able to get the rights to the music, and nobody wants a Beatles biopic with no Beatles music.

*Looks side eyed at Nowhere Boy*

Sony owns the music. They wouldn't need sign off from Paul & the rest. 

6 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

I'm calling it now: Borderlands post credit scene that teases/introduces Handsome Jack

You forgot "and literally no one will care".

Unless it's Chris Evans, and then people will only care because they will be disappointed he attached himself to this burning sewage barge.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Tabe said:

Sony owns the music. They wouldn't need sign off from Paul & the rest. 

Paul is believed to be regaining publishing rights to part of the catalogue each year, and by 2026 he'll have reclaimed all of his Beatles songs.

Also, people misunderstand this a lot; Sony owns the publishing rights, but the mechanical rights and recordings still all belong to Apple Corp. They would need the Beatles permission to use the actual recordings.

• Like 1

In what only really matters for the Summer Blockbuster Poll

Bad Boys 4 has been moved up a week. New release date is June 7, 2024

The movie isn't even approved to be in production yet, according to Waters.

While I am thrilled and excited at the idea of Aubrey Plaza starring in my new movie Liarmouth, the announcement that the film is ready to go in Baltimore, which was printed in an article in World of Reel and then the Guardian, is pure speculation. Neither writer talked to me or anyone officially involved in developing this movie. We have no start date or green light to begin production but are working to, hopefully, make that happen.

Edited by Ace
  • Like 1

Horizon: An American Saga

Yes of course it is directed by Kevin Costner

Along with Costner, it stars: Sienna Miller, Sam Worthington, Jena Malone, Abbey Lee, Michael Rooker, Danny Huston, Luke Wilson, Isabelle Fuhrman, Jeff Fahey, Will Patton, Tantanka Means, Owen Crow Shoe, Ella Hunt and Jamie Campbell Bower.

It is being released in two parts

Part 1 - June 28

Part 2 - August 16

18 hours ago, Kang said:

I'm looking forward to The Garfield Movie, if it's good. I'm not someone who consumes a lot of American entertainment anymore, so this is rare for me.

• Like 1

They already did this. Exactly this. 20 years ago. Nobody liked it then. Nobody likes it now.

They've quit cannibalizing the good stuff and started on the shit. Isn't coprophagia some form of madness?