DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JANUARY 2024

12 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

And you can just forget about an accurate @NikoBaltimore. Not with the stock assets.

They have my dude @Kang two usernames ago.

5 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

What more do you need than Connery’s fit from Zardoz?

They Daltoned you, m’boy!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

And you can just forget about an accurate @NikoBaltimore. Not with the stock assets.

In name maybe but my character is pretty easy to make in game. Black jeans, random AEW shirt and a fat build with glasses. It's so easy I might as well have been in the game. 

Though instead of that I created some generic Greek guy with huge muscles and all the head drop type indy moves. I've been doing that since 2000 so why stop now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

In name maybe but my character is pretty easy to make in game. Black jeans, random AEW shirt and a fat build with glasses. It's so easy I might as well have been in the game. 

Though instead of that I created some generic Greek guy with huge muscles and all the head drop type indy moves. I've been doing that since 2000 so why stop now. 

DON'T BREAK BOARD KAYFABE, JEEZ.

Next thing you know, @Octopus will be saying he prefers Ruby Tuesday to Applebee's.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I felt the same way about O'Charley's.

We don't have those in the Northeast and the first time I came across one while traveling I was convinced it was a fake brand made for television or the movies, right down to the absolutely generic logo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I wish there was still some Bennigans around just for their Monte Cristo sandwich.    But I digress

Remember when Chris Jericho mentioned when talking about MVP that he doesn't fight jobbers.  Well apparently the reason why is because he already got his ass knocked out by him on the Jericho Cruise in 2020.    For someone with a massive ego, this month has not been a good one for him.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I wish there was still some Bennigans around just for their Monte Cristo sandwich.    But I digress

I drove past one of the 9 remaining Bennigans locations last month and thought I had gone back in time somehow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

wish there was still some Bennigans around just for their Monte Cristo sandwich.    But I digress

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

drove past one of the 9 remaining Bennigans locations last month and thought I had gone back in time somehow.

When I was a kid, my mom was so into the Bennigan's broccoli bites that she once just asked for all the broccoli bites they had, Ron Swanson-style - I've never seen it IRL before or since. They made 10 orders, got tired of it, and sent the manager over with like five massive frozen bags and some instructions to make at home.

• Haha 4

We didn't have Bennigan's around here but I remember eating that Monte Cristo out of town once. Heart attack on a plate. 

O'Charley's was good for one thing only: those fucking rolls. Good lord, I could eat like four or five baskets of those things to myself if they gave me enough butter to go along with em. 

• Like 1

If I had to guess, I think people should switch from a Mone Warning to a Mone Advisory until the Royal Rumble so that people don’t think Mercedes Mone is debuting on AEW every week and being mad when she doesn’t debut in North Charleston or Savannah.

Also the show schedule seems to be more fun if you’re not appearing on every show.

Dynamite from Yesterday to January 31st: Jacksonville, North Charleston, Savannah, New Orleans

Collision from January 6th to February 3rd: Charlotte, Norfolk, St. Louis, Bossier City, Edinburg

It’s almost 4 hours from Jacksonville to North Charleston and then 2 hours from North Charleston to Savannah. Then it’s 2 hours from Savannah to Jacksonville. So anybody not bothering with Collision could basically hang out in Jacksonville for most of the month and not take any flights until the show goes to Louisiana at the end of the month.

Maybe arena booking for a Wednesday night is a little more simple than trying to get arenas for Saturday nights.

1 minute ago, odessasteps said:

The story about WWE turning down her salary request screams like a story designed to make you think she’s not in the Rumble so she can be “a surprise” entrant.

That was my gut too, either that, or just public posturing/negotiating with the idea being that AEW/NJPW/TNA might go "Listen, we can't match their offer, but we'll give you X, Y, and Z as incentives, and a small percentage of A, B, and C to make up the difference" Or something to that effect.

32 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

If I had to guess, I think people should switch from a Mone Warning to a Mone Advisory until the Royal Rumble so that people don’t think Mercedes Mone is debuting on AEW every week and being mad when she doesn’t debut in North Charleston or Savannah.

Also the show schedule seems to be more fun if you’re not appearing on every show.

Dynamite from Yesterday to January 31st: Jacksonville, North Charleston, Savannah, New Orleans

Collision from January 6th to February 3rd: Charlotte, Norfolk, St. Louis, Bossier City, Edinburg

It’s almost 4 hours from Jacksonville to North Charleston and then 2 hours from North Charleston to Savannah. Then it’s 2 hours from Savannah to Jacksonville. So anybody not bothering with Collision could basically hang out in Jacksonville for most of the month and not take any flights until the show goes to Louisiana at the end of the month.

Maybe arena booking for a Wednesday night is a little more simple than trying to get arenas for Saturday nights.

Bossier City? Time to dress up Justin Roberts or Excalibur like Boyd Pierce.

• Like 1