DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2024 OFFSEASON

Cobra Commander

3 hours ago, dogwelder said:

USC was punished more harshly by the NCAA for Bush getting money from an agent than UNC did for systematic academic fraud and Penn State for covering up children being raped in the locker rooms.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'll just hazard a guess that someone over there finally realized they'd taken away Reggie's trophy for *whatever the fuck it was* and they literally tweeted their condolences to a guy who probably killed his ex-wife and her boyfriend.

One, I don't think anyone should follow NCAA rules, break all of them.  Second, Reggie Bush is on the list of most exciting college football players ever.  If you don't think he's #1, I'm not going to argue with you, but if you're making a list and he's not in consideration for #1, you are dead ass wrong.  Taking his Heisman was bullshit then, now, and forever.  He's the exact type of player who the Heisman was made for.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, supremebve said:

One, I don't think anyone should follow NCAA rules, break all of them.  Second, Reggie Bush is on the list of most exciting college football players ever.  If you don't think he's #1, I'm not going to argue with you, but if you're making a list and he's not in consideration for #1, you are dead ass wrong.  Taking his Heisman was bullshit then, now, and forever.  He's the exact type of player who the Heisman was made for.

On one hand, I never thought he should've gotten that Heisman (also, though Bush was incredible, Young was not only better that year, but also, imo, more exciting.)

But taking it away because somebody bought his mom a house or whatever was such incredibly stupid bullshit.

13 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

On one hand, I never thought he should've gotten that Heisman (also, though Bush was incredible, Young was not only better that year, but also, imo, more exciting.)

But taking it away because somebody bought his mom a house or whatever was such incredibly stupid bullshit.

Reggie won the battle, Vince won the war.  I honestly wouldn't change how that played out at all.  Vince Young should have an effigy of a fallen USC Trojan in his house.  That National Championship game is a top-5 all-time sporting event for me.

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Reggie won the battle, Vince won the war.  I honestly wouldn't change how that played out at all.  Vince Young should have an effigy of a fallen USC Trojan in his house.  That National Championship game is a top-5 all-time sporting event for me.

FWIW, before the title game I said something to the effect of "both of them are deserving, but I would vote for Young"

On 4/25/2024 at 10:43 AM, supremebve said:

As a Michigan fan, I got to see a preview of that performance the year before. Just picture 3-1/2 hours of me yelling, "WHY AREN'T THEY TACKLING THAT GUY???" He was on another planet as a college player. 

Edited by Tabe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tabe said:

As a Michigan fan, I got to see a preview of that performance the year before. Just picture 3-1/2 hours of me yelling, "WHY AREN'T THEY TACKLING THAT GUY???" He was on another planet as a college player. 

Ain't that the truth. Steve Breston and Braylon Edwards both had legit great games, and it just didn't matter because Vince Young got dressed in a phone booth (and one of the ugliest game winning field goals you'll ever see.)

• Like 1