DVDVR Message Board

All In II - 8/27/2023

Dolfan in NYC

11 minutes ago, Log said:

I don’t necessarily think that’s a bad thing. They could’ve tried for some celebrity involvement or Goldberg or whatever, but I like that they’ve stuck to their people. Sure, it’d be nice to have a few more of them on the card. But, I like that it’s an AEW show. 

I don't think it's their WM 3 but certainly some people do.
Of course, remember that Mania 3 also had a midget match with Hillbilly Jim, Can-Am vs Muraco/Orton, Reed vs Koko, etc. If AEW tried to book matches like those on this card...

It might just be another AEW PPV (and @Matt D isn’t wrong about that) but I haven’t been this excited for one of their shows since… All Out 2021? A lot of it has to do with the crowd and atmosphere for sure, but there’s a handful of matches today that I’m really looking forward to. And in front of a crowd this big with the entire wrestling world watching, I’m sure TK has some surprises up his sleeve.

I think the match that I care about the least is probably the trios tag titles, but that’s only because the Acclaimed are kind of growing old for me as a babyface team and I don’t like Billy Gunn all that much.

I’m oddly excited about the women’s fatal four way. I know, I know. Only four women on the show, AEW hates the women’s division, yeah yeah. But one of my bigger complaints has always been the time allotted for their matches, so hopefully this one gets some time. Curious about how Saraya will be received, too. Wish Britt wasn’t in it but a four way should be able to hide her flaws, and how (somewhat) limited Saraya is in comparison to Shida and Toni Storm.

Obviously Punk in front of 80k people is going to make me giddy as all hell so I can’t wait for that.

Still hate that MJF and Adam Cole are taking up precious time on the Zero Hour but whatever.

• Like 3

I just want to note that Adam Cole is main eventing another AEW PPV, and not only am I planning to watch the match, I wouldn't even be upset if Cole won the world title. The Cole-MJF angle has been that good.

So I guess I can't contest Drew's right to the "Chief Adam Cole hater" title any more. He's all yours, Drew.

Edited by tbarrie
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

It might just be another AEW PPV (and @Matt D isn’t wrong about that) but I haven’t been this excited for one of their shows since… All Out 2021? A lot of it has to do with the crowd and atmosphere for sure, but there’s a handful of matches today that I’m really looking forward to. And in front of a crowd this big with the entire wrestling world watching, I’m sure TK has some surprises up his sleeve.

Oh yeah, I said that this was the strongest PPV for me since.. I don't know what. Maybe All Out or Full Gear last year. Nothing to sneeze at. It doesn't have that "one match" though. But it has maybe the most interesting potential main event result in ages.

1 hour ago, Matt D said:

I don't think it's their WM 3 but certainly some people do.
Of course, remember that Mania 3 also had a midget match with Hillbilly Jim, Can-Am vs Muraco/Orton, Reed vs Koko, etc. If AEW tried to book matches like those on this card...

I would have liked to have seen Butch vs Koko in 1985 Mid South, just not in the wwf machine.

• Like 2

Just now, The Natural said:

Looked on Facebook, merchandise options looked limited. Is that accurate? A knock on AEW is poor merch options. Big reason is probably PWT make to order.

Somewhat limited, I didn’t even consider them because the queues for every merchandise stand were just ridiculous.

• Like 1

Tribute to Windham Rotunda with Renee Paquette reading his quote: 

“Wrestling is not a love story, it’s a fairytale for masochists, a comedy for people who criticize the punch lines, a fantasy most people can’t understand and a spectacle no one can deny.”

RIP Bray Wyatt xxx.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, eikerir said:

One more from my seats why not

16282cf3-f5ab-4476-97a0-6a171e092742.jpg

My brother is at All-In. His words:

god it's like the world's biggest shit facial hair convention

But to be fair, he probably didn't mean you.

Edit: 'Four Naan?!' sgn is ********

Edited by StretchMediatedHypertrophy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

I'm totally fine with firing Jack Perry over what happened today. Making everything today about him. Idiot. Stupid idiot. Baka.

I could take or leave Jack Perry. It will be interesting to see what, if any punishment comes his way. 

• Thanks 2