DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2023 - THE QUEST~!

RIPPA

Hockey isn't my favorite sport by any stretch, but sudden death overtime in game 7 is some high level drama even before your throw in "trying not to blow the greatest season of all-time in the first round."

• Like 2

And the weirdest stat in major U.S. sports remain: in all of the "big four" the team that holds the record for most wins in a regular season failed to win the title that year.

• Like 1

PANTS FREE THREAD!!!!!

BUT NOT PANTHERS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The President's Trophy 119 Curse remains undefeated. Every President's Trophy winner with at least 119 points has failed to win the Stanley Cup. 

• Like 2

If you needed more proof how the Stanley Cup is the most difficult playoffs in sports here we go.   Not sure there is a sport where the home crowd is so powerful in energy and so meaningless at the same time

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

PANTS FREE THREAD!!!!!

BUT NOT PANTHERS FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As long as we don't have to see your panther... 😇

27 minutes ago, Pete said:

As long as we don't have to see your panther... 😇

Too late!

I6XJUPe96bCSgLIGsnt2Kz-Kausu7LwNISrNXjOm

• Haha 1

People around here are going nuts for the Kraken (I still say they should refer to their fans as "Krakheads" but I digress). I'm sure they're long shots at winning the cup but it was still nice to see the city of Seattle continue to punish the city of Denver for the sins of Dikembe Mutumbo (gold star to whoever gets what I'm talking about there).

It's a weird time to be a sports fan around here. All our teams are good. Seahawks are in the playoffs pretty much every year. Mariners finally made the playoffs and have won 90 games 2 years in a row. Kraken make the playoffs in just their second season. Hell, even out XFL team is good.

Seattle isn't used to all this pro sports success.

Edited by BrianS81177
  • Like 2

Barstool and P*rtn*y being a bunch of Boston loving chuckleheads makes so much sense I can't believe I didn't realize it until now:

Ah yes, the scripted NHL. Where Boston loses in the first round. It takes 2 decades for the Leafs to make the second round. Sid/Ovi/Chicago all miss the playoffs. The Rangers don't win a cup in 3 decades. Exactly how they want it.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Ah yes, the scripted NHL. Where Boston loses in the first round. It takes 2 decades for the Leafs to make the second round. Sid/Ovi/Chicago all miss the playoffs. The Rangers don't win a cup in 3 decades. Exactly how they want it.

That's what the NHL gets for switching to the dumbass white on the road bullshit. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Kuetsar said:

That's what the NHL gets for switching to the dumbass white on the road bullshit. 

I still haven't forgiven them for that nonsense. 

• Like 4

The Bruins, who broke the NHL’s record for most wins and points in a single regular season this year, were upset by the Panthers in the first round of the 2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs on Sunday. 

It was a disappointing end to a season brimming with promise, and the loss prompted an eyebrow-raising call from play-by-play commentator Jack Edwards, who compared Boston’s playoffs defeat to the Hindenburg disaster.

On 5/1/2023 at 6:00 PM, elizium said:

Yeah, I was gonna say, if there’s one sports league that still has my full confidence in it not being rigged for the sake of TV ratings…

• Like 1