DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 2/22/2023

The Natural

8 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

See what they do is count each eyeball as one viewer. And as we all know, wrestling fans are all in loving and stable relationships, so they assume that there is a spouse in the room with them. The math checks out

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

so, how mad is Jungle Boy that only two referees came out to stop Christian but 10 dudes in Staff shirts came out during MJF/Brian?

As for the ratings, I miss when TV ratings had integrity, like how Raw divided the first and second hours and insisted they were different shows.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

New York (August 3, 2010) – Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling President Dixie Carter and TNA Managing Partner Hulk Hogan today announced the series premiere of “TNA ReACTION,” that will air on Thursday nights beginning August 12 at 11:00 pm (ET/PT) on Spike TV.

“TNA ReACTION” will immediately follow TNA™'s flagship program “TNA iMPACT!,” which airs from 9-11PM (ET/PT) every Thursday to create a three-hour bloc, “TNA Thursdays,” on Spike TV.

“TNA ReACTION” is a one hour docu-style series that will bring the characters, story, and drama of TNA Wrestling™'s long running action format “iMPACT!” to life in an entirely new and unique way.

TNA Reaction ruled

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Octopus said:

Time for RJ City to make TV

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DEAN said:

I give MOX a .73 Ruby.

That is a FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC final shot. Mox is gonna want that as the photocap of his entire career. 

I of course have no problem with multiple people blading during the show, but my argument is that is was necessary in ever single place, yet didn't go far enough for Jack. Maybe you could have held off on it instead, but if it's gonna be big make it big. The cool thing is that they almost turned him heel and managed to turn the heat back to Christian. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

If the reality show works out the way it should, Tay and Sammy will both be world champ in a year. 

I didn’t get the impression it was a reality show. I took it as more documentary-type features. More like those things WWE used to do. Was that one called 24? Something with a number. I’m drawing a blank. Those “day in the life” half hour specials on the network. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Log said:

I didn’t get the impression it was a reality show. I took it as more documentary-type features. More like those things WWE used to do. Was that one called 24? Something with a number. I’m drawing a blank. Those “day in the life” half hour specials on the network. 

You're right, pal.

• Like 1

Uno spotlight was everything I hoped it would be. 

Battle royale was real bad even by battle royale standards but at least Aussie Open got dumped quick. Feel kinda like Jarrett and Lethal has no business winning since we've already seen them against the Acclaimed a bunch. 

I absolutely loved Orange vs Wheeler. They should do it again at the ppv with Yuta going over. This is the kind of program I wish they did more of where it's two relatively young guys with not much WWE or NJPW connection working their asses off. It's not the "homegrown" aspect for me, it's the "I don't watch PWG so this is essentially news to me" aspect. 

I have complained multiple times about how as much as I love Danielson I don't see him (on paper) as an exciting ppv opponent for MJF but the promos and pull apart tonight were great and got me into this feud. Very good long build with this one. 

Ricky Starks tricking a heel he's already pinned clean once into agreeing to wrestle him again is a weird move for a babyface. Hopefully Jericho isn't "getting his win back" at the ppv. Eddie beating Jericho at the ppv last year then losing to him in the barbed wire match really took the steam out of Eddie's push, and you definitely don't want to hurt Starks when he's this hot and for all intents and purposes one of the very very few guys they should be considering putting the belt on after MJF. 

I thought tonight's show was great. Putting a lot of the big names in talking segments instead of matches probably hurt ratings but it meant I got to see some fresher matches, and now that they're running house shows it probably doesn't hurt to have underlings like Yuta, Moriarty and Uno get featured more on Dynamite since they're more likely to be on house show cards than a lot of the top guys. 

• Like 4