DVDVR Message Board

2023 WWE HALL OF FAME THREAD

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

Konnan finally returns to the WWE to induct Rey.

To make sure everyone is clear - Konnan is the one doing it

That is - per the internet - what Meltzer said 

Rey wanted Konnan and the WWE approved it

EDIT - link to story

https://www.f4wonline.com/news/wwe/konnan-to-induct-rey-mysterio-into-wwe-hall-of-fame

Mick Foley revealed that he’s been asked to induct someone into the WWE Hall of Fame this year. Foley didn’t reveal the identity of the wrestler who requested he induct them:

I received a text message from someone I'd had no contact with in a while, years and years, asking if I would induct them into the WWE Hall of Fame. As this plays out, we will see. There's always a chance that request will be denied, but I know this person responded back to WWE that I was in. As of this moment, I'm counting on being there at the Hall of Fame to induct this person. I'm not going to tell you who it is, but we will all find out together or if it's ixnayed. I'll let you know at that juncture in time. I'll let you know after the Hall of Fame who it was that asked me, but it was a daymaker for sure. Someone who had many different options and asked me, so I was really flattered, readily accepted, and we will see how that comes to pass, if it comes to pass.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Eventually everyone we love will get in. It's ok. It's 

Except probably [name redacted]. Guessing there’s still someone out there who at least loved his work in the ring. 

Ric Flair will announced the next inductee on The Bump on Wednesday

While the person doesn't have to be affiliated with Flair it would make sense if they were (so this might be the spot for Muta)

6 minutes ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

Is Flair already in the Hall of Fame?  ‘Cause Ric announcing himself as the next entry then doing his own induction would be very much on brand.

Twice, although putting him in again so he can get back the rings he sold off.

It's always hard to tell when Meltzer is stating his own opinion or backstage stuff, but he did say that Sting was the first choice to induct Muta. Obvious political issues between companies have prevented that.

Meltzer says Stacy Keibler is going into the HOF this year.

Dave is assuming this is the person Mick Foley is inducting (Dave did make sure to say he wasn't reporting that but giving his guess)