DVDVR Message Board

WWE 2K14.

I mean there is some really good american wrestling stuff. But except for one really well detailed Muta, nothing else touches the work that is put into the CAW layers by the 360 creators.

I disagree, there are some really good puroresu CAWs on the PS3, and if that is the reason you are buying the game you won't be disappointed.  Don't get me wrong, that Nakamura is outstanding, but based on playing on the last few on Xbox, I don't see much of a drop off in quality on the PS3. 

Coming late to the thread

I see this is now in Redboxes.

Worth the day's rental?

Is it much different than last year's game?

I can't answer your last question, but it's $2 well spent for a day.  I've hated this series for years, and I've had a blast.

CM Punk got robbed there, his arm was clearly under the ropes! Good looking CAW, I'll have to find something better than that Undertaker entrance though. That's annoying to me. What about good Erick Rowan and Luke Harper CAWs? Both of the ones I have look decent enough, but the moveset is generic for the most part :(

CM Punk got robbed there, his arm was clearly under the ropes! Good looking CAW, I'll have to find something better than that Undertaker entrance though. That's annoying to me. What about good Erick Rowan and Luke Harper CAWs? Both of the ones I have look decent enough, but the moveset is generic for the most part :(

There are two really good ones that just were uploaded today on the 360 side. I believe there by "AJSim" and "NCO".

Tag matches are shockingly fun on there.  Me and my buddy did Prime Time Players vs HBK/Diesel that was just way more fun than it should have been.  Then did a 3 vs 3 elimination tag, where he had me down 3 to 1.  He had Yoko, Steiner, and Barrett vs my Ziggler, Brock, and Eddie.  Eddie gets pinned, and I fucked up and got Brock immediately DQ'd for not getting out of the ring.  So I was down to just Ziggler.  I managed to take out both Barrett and Steiner with the Sleeper, which brings me to....

Has anyone had a problem where your guy just doesn't gain any momentum, no matter what you do?  My friend beat my ass, taunted and all of that, but Yoko's meter wouldn't budge.  He still ended up putting me away, and it was fun, but it was kinda of disappointing that he couldn't hit Yoko's big stuff. 

This game's a rental, definitely not worth the purchase if you have last year's version, IMHO. I have a serious case of buyer's regret.

Any tips on beating the last 30 Years Of Wrestlemania match? The fucking Rock seems to be scripted to become captain counter in the closing stretch and once you've eaten a couple of rock bottoms it's pretty much game over. It's super-cheap, like more annoying by far than anything in last year's Attitude Era mode. I have come alarmingly close to kicking my 360 across the room after losing a dozen times in a row in the exact same fashion.

• Like 1

There are two really good ones that just were uploaded today on the 360 side. I believe there by "AJSim" and "NCO".

Those dudes are amazing. They put out an early 90's British Bulldog yesterday that is spot on.

Go to CC and type NCO if you want some quality caws, and no I don't have any affiliation with them.

• Like 1

I've had an incredible Tanahashi-Okada series.

f12a7d295101598.jpg

Then there's this match with some crazy shit -

So.... I guess the game has a Super Cena booking mode?  I know the match was designed to show off spots, but Tanahashi winning the briefcase after taking a multitude of ridiculous bumps made me laugh.

Running finishers are tough because the on screen prompts can throw you off. I had this problem with Reigns, but sometimes you will go for your finisher and on screen it will flash the B button, which just results in an irish whip. Other times when it flashes Y for your finisher, you need good timing to actually hit it. And yeah, the animation winds up a bit clunky.

Also, what is the status of the 360 save file?

Running finishers are tough because the on screen prompts can throw you off. I had this problem with Reigns, but sometimes you will go for your finisher and on screen it will flash the B button, which just results in an irish whip. Other times when it flashes Y for your finisher, you need good timing to actually hit it. And yeah, the animation winds up a bit clunky.

Also, what is the status of the 360 save file?

It looks like it's getting very close.

They've released the "Sounds" file yesterday and I think last Monday was their estimated date for getting it done so it seems like it will be up soon.

I can't play online anymore. Between the hackers and the kilqs that develop, it's unbearable. If you're not part of the XXWDCXX or whatever, they kick you out. It's like a big circle jerk where people boosts each others rankings, as if that means anything.

I've noticed the same problem. I've only come across two people that had actual stats for their wrestlers instead of perfect 100's but that's because I knew them.

That's pretty much online gaming in general.  I don't think anything will be done about that which sucks.  Hell, with big multiplayer games it's easier to a point to avoid that because there's so many people on there.  For 2K14 I can't imagine that being the case.  Only way I'll go online is matches with people I know.  Other than that fuck it.

• Like 1