DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

Also remember the Panthers wanted a first for Moore back when they were trading all their stars. We don't know if anybody else values him that highly, but even if the Bears see him closer to a second round pick, that's a lot of value.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, Scott Fowler is now reporting that Carolina is looking into trading down from #1.

Yes, for real.  

Yes, lol is an appropriate response.

That feels like a chicken playing checkers who thinks they are playing 3d chess.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Well, Scott Fowler is now reporting that Carolina is looking into trading down from #1.

Yes, for real.  

Yes, lol is an appropriate response.

Could this be how they go after Lamar? A deal with The Ravens for number one? But even then it doesn't make much sense because they gave up DJ Moore and their one next year (plus 2 twos). Do they give The Ravens the number one pick (not a swap, The Ravens keep their own one), and a one in 2025? Then sign Lamar? Idk. Seems like a simpler route would have been just signing him to an offer sheet and giving away two ones if that was the case.

Do they think they can trade down to like 2 or 3 and get back everything they gave the Bears and still get their guy at 2 or 3? That seems risky AF. Like a kid fucking around on Madden franchise mode.

• Like 1

For the record - here is the Fowler tweet

It's only them considering dropping to #2. So they are still taking a QB but since you have both Stroud and Young - if the Texans are stupid, you trick them into going to #1 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, elizium said:

Best coach in Winnipeg Blue Bombers history. 4 Grey Cup wins, losses in 2 other finals, 5 division titles, overall record of 115-60-2 in 10 seasons.

Bud Grant was awesome.  In thought he died 25 years ago.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Bud Grant was awesome.  In thought he died 25 years ago.

I knew he was alive, because LeBatard used to have him on his show to do play by play on his yearly yard sale.  It was always hilarious, because Bud Grant, who was clearly in on the joke, doesn't joke.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

https://twitter.com/scott_fowler/status/1634336098368335874?s=20

It's only them considering dropping to #2. So they are still taking a QB but since you have both Stroud and Young - if the Texans are stupid, you trick them into going to #1 

Considering it’s Carolina I think they’re taking Richardson either way, and they just now realized that Houston wants Stroud or Young so they can safely move back to #2 and get at least one extra pick out of them by making it seem like they want whomever Houston covets more.

2 hours ago, elizium said:

Best coach in Winnipeg Blue Bombers history. 4 Grey Cup wins, losses in 2 other finals, 5 division titles, overall record of 115-60-2 in 10 seasons.

He also played 2 seasons in the NBA, totally remember that factoid from The Great NFL Fun Book II. 

Edited by Mister TV

21 hours ago, RIPPA said:

No not the Texans’ biggest weakness 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Tyreek ran the 60m in 6.7, the second place finisher ran it in 7.27.

The 60m World Record was 6.6 when Jesse Owens set that record. So being able to run in a track competition for the first time in years and posting a 6.7 is a bit wild.

14 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Tyreek ran the 60m in 6.7, the second place finisher ran it in 7.27.

The 60m World Record was 6.6 when Jesse Owens set that record. So being able to run in a track competition for the first time in years and posting a 6.7 is a bit wild.

People really don't understand how different running for football is from running for track.  For the most part, football players have no idea how to get in the blocks and get up to full speed and stay there until they cross the finish line.  Football requires the ability to change speed and direction on the fly, so they don't ever bother learning how to sprint, because it isn't relevant in a sport where someone is always trying to stop you.  It's why so many players who seem blazing fast on the field have lower than expected 40 times at the combine.  Basically what I'm saying is that sprinting and playing football are very different skill sets that takes vastly different types of training and he seems to be elite at both in a way that is kind of crazy.  

• Like 3

So, he was just available for a 3rd round pick and a team's 3rd best tight end?  The Browns don't even need another cornerback, and I'm pissed they didn't do that.  I just looked up Hunter Long's stats, he has 1 regular season target...that's the end of his stat line.

Edited by supremebve

5 hours ago, hammerva said:

so apparently the replacement of Tom Brady for the Buccaneers will be Baker Mayfield.  Yikes.  At least it isn't bringing back Winston 

Someone,  needs to run the numbers to see the difference between an added touchdown and an added interception. I feel like I'd rather have Jameis, who is much more likely to throw a bunch of touchdowns... but he tends to also throw a shit ton on interceptions. Baker is going to throw far fewer of both,  but I honestly don't know which is better. I feel like scoring more points will be better in the long run in almost every case,  except Jameis may very well be the exception to that rule. 

• Like 1