DVDVR Message Board

2023 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

The funny part is, last year the Packers offense looked anemic so Rodger's solution is to have the exact same WRs to throw to in Cobb and Lazard. And some new toys too of course, but bringing Cobb feels like WCW signing Hogan and having to sign Beefcake too to keep him happy even though he brought nothing to the table.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Darren Waller to the G Men for a 3.

BTW - the 3rd they are giving up is the one they got from KC for Kadarius Toney so it is at the end of round 3 (the 100th pick overall)

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The funny part is, last year the Packers offense looked anemic so Rodger's solution is to have the exact same WRs to throw to in Cobb and Lazard. And some new toys too of course, but bringing Cobb feels like WCW signing Hogan and having to sign Beefcake too to keep him happy even though he brought nothing to the table.

Imagine looking at the Jets wide receivers and asking them to bring in Randall Cobb in 2023.  Garrett Wilson,  Elijah Moore and Corey Davis are most likely better than everyone on that list. 

9 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Imagine looking at the Jets wide receivers and asking them to bring in Randall Cobb in 2023.  Garrett Wilson,  Elijah Moore and Corey Davis are most likely better than everyone on that list. 

There’s not a single world in which Elijah Moore (and certainly not Corey first round bust Davis) is better than Odell Beckham Jr. I don’t care if they had to amputate a foot OBJ is better than those two every day of the week. Garrett Wilson however is definitely better than that list. I think he has a ton of potential, and if paired with a real QB the sky is the limit for him.

• Like 1

OBJ will be an interesting case, I didn't see much leak about his tryout. He hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 2019 (combination of reasons including bad QBs, injuries, maybe being generally annoyed) and just came off a major injury. 30 years old isn't 'old' for a WR but not young either. I'm not saying he'll be bad, hell he could be great, but word is he wants $20 mil a year so I hope the tryout was flawless for his sake.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LF2 said:

There’s not a single world in which Elijah Moore (and certainly not Corey first round bust Davis) is better than Odell Beckham Jr. I don’t care if they had to amputate a foot OBJ is better than those two every day of the week. Garrett Wilson however is definitely better than that list. I think he has a ton of potential, and if paired with a real QB the sky is the limit for him.

OBJ was better than all of them,  but his knee ligaments seem to be made out of wet toilet paper. There is no reason to believe that he can play 16 games in a row without an injury. Elijah Moore and Corey Davis are perfectly fine 2 and 3 receivers for a team with multiple capable tight ends and good running backs. You also have to take into account that they had some of the worst quarterback play in the league. I think they could upgrade at that position,  I just don't think anybody on that list is an upgrade. 

58 minutes ago, supremebve said:

OBJ was better than all of them,  but his knee ligaments seem to be made out of wet toilet paper. There is no reason to believe that he can play 16 games in a row without an injury. Elijah Moore and Corey Davis are perfectly fine 2 and 3 receivers for a team with multiple capable tight ends and good running backs. You also have to take into account that they had some of the worst quarterback play in the league. I think they could upgrade at that position,  I just don't think anybody on that list is an upgrade. 

So when healthy you’re not taking Beckham over those two? Because let’s be real injuries can (and do) happen to anyone.

I’m not sitting here as a Giants fan going well we franchised Saquon, but I’d rather have Kareem Hunt because he’s healthier. At some point you take the more talented player, and hope for the best. 

5 minutes ago, LF2 said:

So when healthy you’re not taking Beckham over those two? Because let’s be real injuries can (and do) happen to anyone.

I’m not sitting here as a Giants fan going well we franchised Saquon, but I’d rather have Kareem Hunt because he’s healthier. At some point you take the more talented player, and hope for the best. 

No,  I'm saying that I don't think OBJ is going to be healthy so it doesn't matter if he's better. Jerry Rice is better,  but he ain't about to suit up and most likely neither will OBJ. It isn't just the injuries,  but how long it takes him to recover from the injuries. In a world where people have returned from an ACL in the same season in which they have torn it,  both of his have been well over a year long recovery. His body seems to be failing him,  and once it starts it doesn't usually go in reverse. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, supremebve said:

No,  I'm saying that I don't think OBJ is going to be healthy so it doesn't matter if he's better. Jerry Rice is better,  but he ain't about to suit up and most likely neither will OBJ. It isn't just the injuries,  but how long it takes him to recover from the injuries. In a world where people have returned from an ACL in the same season in which they have torn it,  both of his have been well over a year long recovery. His body seems to be failing him,  and once it starts it doesn't usually go in reverse. 

How does February of 2022-Now equal well over a year? He had a workout for teams in December, and one last week. So yes he’s recovered by now. Clearly you’re not a fan, but that doesn’t mean he brings zero value to a team. And the Jerry Rice thing is just asinine. I’m trying to have a real debate, and you’re all “oh this Hall Of Famer is better” well no crap. 

Plus your last point still holds true to the player I referenced from the team I root for. Saquon has a terrible injury history yet he survived most of last season. 

And now I’m done with your nonsense after looking up the wonderful Corey Davis (who you keep defending for god knows what reason) and his stats as a Jet:

2021 9 games started, 59 targets, 34 catches, 492 yards, 4 TDs

2022 10 games started, 64 targets, 32 catches, 536 yards, 2 TDs

Yeah that amazing 50% catch rate is something else. And 3 catches per start on average. Wow. Yeah so much better than OBJ could dream of doing right?