DVDVR Message Board

Marvel TV - 2023

• 1 month later...

Finally could watch season 1 of Loki.

THAT WAS AMAZING. So well written, and so incredibly acted! I'm still just randomly flailing, but holy crap there were so many good moments in every single episode. Really curious as to what they're planning to do from here.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, JLSigman said:

THAT WAS AMAZING. So well written, and so incredibly acted! I'm still just randomly flailing, but holy crap there were so many good moments in every single episode. Really curious as to what they're planning to do from here.

This May count as a S2 spoiler 

Spoiler

At the upfront, they showed all major characters except Kang/Timely. Insert theories about Majors.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JLSigman said:

Best Disney + MCU show IMO. Glad you really liked it!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I have to wonder if there are any plans for a tv run for that “Marvels” mini series.  The one that’s all big Marvel moments but through the lens of regular citizens.  They came out right after I stopped collecting so I might have the concept wrong.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvels

I don’t pay much attention to ComicCons or entertainment news.  So if one has already been announced well fuck me I guess.  

I think there has already been a bit of lip service given to this idea with how some of the Netflix shows winked at “The Incident”.  Or Kate Bishops flashback.  

But an anthology with one week a gumshoe reporter and next week the guy from the deli that gives Peter Parker shit all the time. That neighborhood square where all the New Yorkers yell out the windows at each other and how ask they’re mothers are doing.

You know how people just yearn for the credibility of a straight laced drama these days.

Just go get the writers from Black Mirror to…

Oh right.  Shit.

2 hours ago, Brandon Bones said:

I have to wonder if there are any plans for a tv run for that “Marvels” mini series.  The one that’s all big Marvel moments but through the lens of regular citizens.  They came out right after I stopped collecting so I might have the concept wrong.  

[...].  

But an anthology with one week a gumshoe reporter and next week the guy from the deli that gives Peter Parker shit all the time. That neighborhood square where all the New Yorkers yell out the windows at each other and how ask they’re mothers are doing.

The comic miniseries had a single protagonist for all four issues, a reporter named... Phil something? But you've got the concept basically right. A normal-eye view of the Marvel Universe. 

30 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

The comic miniseries had a single protagonist for all four issues, a reporter named... Phil something? But you've got the concept basically right. A normal-eye view of the Marvel Universe. 

Phil Sheldon 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Delays and dates moved! Per Hollywood Reporter:

Loki’s date doesn’t change

What If? S2 was supposed to release earlier this year, and it’s now “on or around Christmas Day”. No word on if the entire season drops at once, like Echo.

Speaking of: Echo was supposed to be this November, moves to “January 2024”

X-Men ‘97 was Fall 2023, moves to early 2024

Agatha was Winter 2023, moves to Fall 2024

Ironheart & Daredevil are internally “delayed indefinitely” due to not being finished and the writers/actors strike affecting the completion of both.

• 5 weeks later...

Loki Season 2 starts this week and hoo boy there doesn't feel like a lot of excitement or hype around it or the general future of the MCU. We're gonna watch it, and the wife is pretty stoked about The Marvels, but then what? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Coletti said:

Loki Season 2 starts this week and hoo boy there doesn't feel like a lot of excitement or hype around it or the general future of the MCU. We're gonna watch it, and the wife is pretty stoked about The Marvels, but then what? 

Yeah, my MCU interest is at an all time low. Last MCU film I watched was Thor: Love and Thunder. I have Disney± but no urge to catch up on the films since. Give zero fucks about The Marvels. Last MCU show I watched from beginning to end was What...If? I'll watch Loki season 2 as that's the best Disney+ MCU show. Only interested in Daredevil: Born Again but I have low expectations for two reasons. 1) The only great MCU things post Avengers: Endgame were Spider-Man: No Way Home and Loki. WandaVision finale shit the bed. 2) Netflix Daredevil is the best live action Marvel of all time.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Coletti said:

Loki has the problem that Jonathan Majors is in it. I completely forgot that starts this week, but I'll be watching it since the first season was so good.

• Like 1

I want to see Echo.  I thought she was good in Hawkeye and I like the street-level Marvel stuff.

It definitely feels like a thing that was approved at the peak of the TV bubble that they now regret.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, southofheavy said:

I'ma watch Loki, but yeah. The new Guardians has been up on D+ for a minute and I haven't even bothered. 

Frankly, I want the X-Men. I want the Fantastic Four. I want Dr. Doom.

All of this. I especially want Doctor Doom.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Casey said:

The US Copyright Office has Agatha, Daredevil and Ironheart being listed as (approximately) releasing in September 2024, January 2025 and September 2025 respectively.

Yikes.

Damn. Hopefully the delay makes things better. Only care about Daredevil but I have tempered expectations in light of what I've disclosed.